well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We are both getting tested tomorrow morning.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We are both getting tested tomorrow morning.
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted
HairRaising State health dept person ok’d it. They felt they should test me, since if he is positive, it doesn’t necessarily mean I am. (I offered to not get it, said I did’t want to keep the test from somebody else who might need it more, but they felt I should get tested. We don’t even have to go in, just pull up to the front and the will do it in our car. Eeker

Keep your fingers crossed it’s negative.

Holy crap.

--------------------------------
Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
That's GREAT! Glad you'll have definitive information. Interesting that you don't even have to go in.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I'm so glad, jodi. Did they say how long it takes to get results?

And remember, even if it's positive, chances are excellent that you'll weather the storm at home...but hoping that it's not....

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37962 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Very good to hear!

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
County health person will drive the test up to Helena right after, then, assuming the lab is not super busy, we should know by the end of the day.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Hoping I don’t barf in the car (they swab the back of the throat too) Blink

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:
County health person will drive the test up to Helena right after, then, assuming the lab is not super busy, we should know by the end of the day.

Hope all goes well.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25714 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Drive-through testing is the way to keep people apart.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There's a doctor on the south side here who says he has a drive through feature in his practice. Apparently there is a bay you drive into, and there's an adjoining exam room. You don't have to sit in a waiting room with other sick people.

He says people can't quite figure out how it works and that most people still go the standard route.

Story and video:

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...ctor-waldemar-nowak/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37962 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi I’m really glad to hear this! I hope it’s negative and you both are better quickly!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18572 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Great news! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34976 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Great news? I wish you were not having to go through this but glad you are getting tested.

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
If you barf in the car, just pretend you’re eight years old.

Glad you’re getting tested!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13817 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Bring a barf bag, just to be safe?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9801 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jodi:

Oof. Winter storm up here. Already bad and supposed to get much worse. Roads will be bad tomorrow. Hope the county health person still has winter tires on (we almost took ours off)

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post