well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    We are both getting tested tomorrow morning.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

We are both getting tested tomorrow morning.
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
How is steve feeling tonight. I sent you a video of a guy who was on the cruise ship off Japan. He tested positive, his wife didn't! He described his symptoms in detail--significantly different from Steve's. He's over it now but still in quarantine. Here's hoping both your tests are negative and life can resume a bit more normally.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21368 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Steve had a major case of the chills last night, and his cough has gotten worse, but his temperature is lower - fluctuating between normal and low-grade fever (he is still on the NSAID meloxicam). I was sure I had a fever in the middle of the night, but was normal this morning,(so probably paranoia Big Grin ) but my cough is getting worse. Hoping for a negative (though a small part of me would like to get through this as a “mild symptom” case, so I can develop some immunity and not be sick when the hospitals are overwhelmed...)

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20484 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Jodi, did you already do the test? Did I miss it? Let us know what you out.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18612 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’m trying to call the lab now - we are supposed to call before we show up.

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Well that was thoroughly unpleasant. Eeker

This is not something you want to randomly do. The throat swab makes you gag. Big time. (Do not eat before you go) And they practically stick the nasal swab through your sinuses and into your brain. You know that yucky feeling you get when you *really* get water up your nose? It’s like that, but with a stick. Poor Steve - they dropped his nasal swab on the ground and they had to do it TWICE! (Plus the one he had done on Tuesday)

And it was hampered by cold weather - we were outside, the technician was in full gear - face mask with screen, and she wore glasses and they were FOGGED UP. So she couldn’t seen anything.

Hopefully we will get results later today (they have to be driven to Helena to run the test - it’s about an hour drive, but it’s through a canyon and we’ve had snow.

Smiler Jodi

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Eeker

Just hoping and praying for the best for you two!!

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18612 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Yes. What SK said.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33807 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed.... in the meantime, I hope you both start feeling better soon.

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Yes, now we wait. Sorry, should not have been so graphic about my description, don’t want to discourage people, it was over *very* quickly. Mammograms and Pap smears and getting a lidocaine injection at the dentists office are way worse. Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
So glad they made it available. Will be watching for the results.

Can't get an answer about anyone local. Have asked a few times. It's in Boston. 100 so far.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
[drift]If there is anything that fosters a love/hate response, it's lidocaine. It burns like hell for a few seconds, then blissful anesthesia. I had to have a shard of glass removed from the bottom of my foot. I've had a couple steroid injections that were prefaced with lidocaine. One or two other things. I may have taught my hand doctor a few new words... or maybe just new combinations of words he already knew.[/drift]

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
PJ - Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I don’t know if it’s actually lidocaine any more - I think we were using carbocaine when I was a vet. Mr. Jodi’s body doesn’t do well with it - it doesn’t seem to numb things like it should. He first realized this at the densist.[tmi] The second time was when he went to get a vasectomy. HairRaising Leaving [/tmi]

Smiler Jodi

twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Gosh - hoping for good news.

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hoping for good news.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25736 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post