well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    I’m thinking landslide
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I’m thinking landslide
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I'm paying plenty of attention. There's no way to defend how long this has gone on nor the cost in lives. I'm not advocating escalating violence, but they have already caused more deaths than the underlying problem has in quite some time.

It's time to stop. The point has been made.
Who is "they"?

Are the protesters causing deaths? Both sides?

There have been several (three? four?) cases in the last few days where police have been shot. There are factions in the U.S. that are violently anti-police. Some of them appear to be using peaceful protests as cover to shoot police. I condemn the shootings in the strongest terms. But I cannot equate that to "the protesters are causing deaths".

Also, Mik, I would invite you to read this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52896872

Yeah, who is "they"?

Fair question.

I have the same one.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think he's pushing to open the states so the economy rebounds and he gets to take credit. He'll blame the jump in COVID cases and deaths (if they're ever reported accurately) on the protests.

It's a long time 'til November, though. I'm not sure he can hide the COVID stuff (but he can most definitely blame it on the protesters).

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Nina's crystal ball is spot on - He's already taking credit for the jobs report this morning.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37961 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
I'm sorry but it would have to be a landslide against Biden. I'm just not seeing it at this point.

https://youtu.be/xeEC8qQ5sSo

I added this link. Look, I know it might make some of uncomfortable but it's kind of the elephant in the room.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Bump.

Lot of crickets. hysteric

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The answer to the question "Is it possible to cherry-pick clips from a Biden interview to make him look bad for an entertainer?" is yes... Duh, big deal!

So what's your point? Did you take the time to watch the whole interview?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My point is he has cognitive decline and it's obvious.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Cognitive decline is inevitable. Trump has it also. Coffee?

Biden can put decent people in charge, then it over to VP Harris.

Trump must be stopped.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
You speak as if you have some qualifications to determine something like this as fact.

Or do you just prefer tRump?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I never watched a Trump rally and stopped watching him on TV two weeks after he was elected in a problematic election.

I'm the one who didn't want WTF to become an all-Trump-all- the-time forum.

You're joking if you think I approve of or support him.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Cognitive decline is inevitable. Trump has it also. Coffee?

Biden can put decent people in charge, then it over to VP Harris.

Trump must be stopped.

I think Biden's is very, very severe, and I don't think his heir presumptive sense of entitlement has helped his campaign.

He can put decent people in charge and hand it over to VP Harris? Well, maybe.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
My point is he has cognitive decline and it's obvious.

Decline? *&^%!!! He is going down like a rock in the ocean.
No need to be nice.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Landslide? We'll all be extremely lucky if we get out of this situation alive and if there is even a USA left by the end of this year. The writing has been on the wall a long time that the 2020 election will be stolen.

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think Biden's is very, very severe, and I don't think his heir presumptive sense of entitlement has helped his campaign.

I think this opinion is very common, especially among people in their 20s and 30s. I am very distraught that all we have is Biden. Sure I'll vote for him, but I don't think he's a strong candidate and I'm terrified about what might go wrong.

What happens if he gets covid on the campaign trail? What happens if he's sedated for ventilation?? What happens if, heaven forbid, he days in October???

Also what piqué said:
quote:
We'll all be extremely lucky if we get out of this situation alive and if there is even a USA left by the end of this year. The writing has been on the wall a long time that the 2020 election will be stolen.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18571 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
So what happens if the President Elect dies or withdraws before s/he is inaugurated?

https://allthatsinteresting.com/president-elect-die

The above was written in 2016 with Mr. Trump in mind as the President Elect, so you know it's not biased in a way that favors Mr. Biden. Enjoy!

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12693 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post