well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trump tested positive for COVID-19
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump tested positive for COVID-19
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I saw a number of Trump supporters who were asked about him having the virus. They said things like "he's really strong, he'll be fine". And of course they were maskless while they were making their remarks.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
These are people for whom the only evidence they might accept, and the only experience that might affect them, is the death of a loved one. The land of the empathy-challenged.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
28 POSITIVE COVID TESTS:

1+2. President & Melania Trump
3. Bill Stepien, Trump campaign mgr
4. Hope Hicks
5. Kellyanne Conway
6. Sen. Mike Lee
7. Sen. Thom Tillis
8. Ronna McDaniel
9. Notre Dame Pres. Jenkins
10-12. Three WH reporters
13-23. Eleven staffers from Cleveland debate
24. Chris Christie
25. Nick Luna, bodyguard
26. Claudia Conway
27. Rev. John Hagee
28. Kayleigh McEnany

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34946 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
No more inane (enany) press briefings for at least two weeks. Thankful for the small things.

Posts: 12533 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
As a tax-paying (a lot more than $750) citizen of the United States, I want to know: how many Secret Service Agents have tested positive and how many have developed symptoms.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
28 POSITIVE COVID TESTS:
28 POSITIVE COVID TESTS:

1+2. President & Melania Trump
3. Bill Stepien, Trump campaign mgr
4. Hope Hicks
5. Kellyanne Conway
6. Sen. Mike Lee
7. Sen. Thom Tillis
8. Ronna McDaniel
9. Notre Dame Pres. Jenkins
10-12. Three WH reporters
13-23. Eleven staffers from Cleveland debate
24. Chris Christie
25. Nick Luna, bodyguard
26. Claudia Conway
27. Rev. John Hagee
28. Kayleigh McEnany

+ Chad Gilmartin
White House principal assistant press secretary

+Karoline Leavitt
White House assistant press secretary

If I were a WH pool reporter, I would be worried. Mad

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Oh, wow.

There has been some Biden v. Pence polling and some Harris v. Pence polling.

In national polling, Biden would have a solid lead over Pence. Harris would have a 1-3 percent (and probably insufficient lead) over Pence.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Oh, this is good. He has coronavirus and he's going back to the WH. And he's still on his happy pills, so he thinks he's invincible.

quote:
President Donald Trump said on Twitter that he’ll leave Walter Reed hospital Monday evening after being treated for Covid-19, calling on Americans not to fear the novel coronavirus.

“Don’t let it dominate your life,” Trump said Monday in a post on the social media site. “We have developed, under the Trump Administration, some really great drugs & knowledge. I feel better than I did 20 years ago!”

He has access to drugs that other people can only dream of. As I heard this morning, he's only one of 10 people in the US who have received the Regeneron cocktail.

The typical American can expect care at the same level that POTUS gets, so not to worry and don't let COVID ruin your life...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news...xpected-in-afternoon

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37898 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
So the medical team gave an update. They gave all kinds of detail on aspects of his medical condition (like his temperature, oxygen saturation, pulse rate, etc).

But they invoked HIPPA and totally refused to answer questions about when his last negative COVID test was, what is viral load is, or how his lung imaging looked. His doctor said those were things that Trump didn't want discussed, which of course is totally his right to do.

Kinda tells you what you need to know, eh?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
"The president has to keep the spirits of America up," Rudy Giuliani said when asked if the trip outside Walter Reed was a good idea.

I felt so much better.

How about you?

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
And the believers are saying there is Plexiglas in the car, so the agents weren't at risk. Yet no one is confirming that there *is* any barrier. And there is no perfect PPE.

quote:
He sat in the back of the vehicle, wearing a black cloth mask, sitting behind at least two Secret Service agents. Face coverings are a safeguard — and the N95 masks the agents seemed to be wearing are an especially effective barrier — but they are not an absolute guarantee of stopping transmission, especially in a small enclosed space occupied by a person known to be infected.

It was not clear if there was a partition in the S.U.V.

quote:
"This was inside a chemical weapon-proof vehicle with no Plexiglas that I don't see — I'd love to see that clarified — without fully appropriate PPE," Phillips said on "TODAY." "One person has a valved mask. The president is wearing a cloth mask. They're not wearing sealed goggles. So there are plenty of failures in that PPE, and full PPE still doesn't protect you. Numerous doctors and nurses have died on the front lines because of getting exposed despite wearing PPE."

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh great, now he's tweeting that he's "fine" and "don't be afraid of covid"

https://twitter.com/realDonald.../1313186529058136070

So, so irresponsible.

Sure he's fine, he has access to treatment that almost no other American does.

He had the chance to change the message on masking, encourage people to practice preventative measures, does he do it? Of course not!

I've said this before here: he's worse than useless. He actively causes harm, and his statement today just contributes more to that.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18472 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
My late neighbor did some what the same..

"Feeling better!"..the very next day he was begging for an ambulance.

So while Trump is getting all meds thrown at him, COVID has a pattern..the first 3 days seem ok..it is day 6 or 7 where the bottom falls out..

So we wait to midweek this week to see....

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yup.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
No contact tracing by the WH. Guess they're just relying on the Fake News Media to get the word out.

quote:
One of the White House reporters who has come down with coronavirus, Michael Shear of The New York Times, is pretty sure he was infected on the day President Trump announced his pick for the Supreme Court.

Nine days later, Shear has not heard one word from the White House about any contract tracing efforts.

"I have not been contacted by the White House," Shear said on CNN's "New Day" Monday morning. "Nobody from the White House has said 'boo' and asked anything about where I was or who I talked to or who else I might have infected."

Shear said the lack of followup "just shows you that they're not, you know, they're not taking it seriously, at least as it pertains to themselves."

"The president is, you know, following a completely different set of rules than everybody else in America," he added.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/05...ournalist/index.html

Bazootiehead-in-training