well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Trump tested positive for COVID-19
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trump tested positive for COVID-19
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12523 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Donald Trump did not participate in a call with on COVID-19 support to vulnerable seniors shortly after noon ET on Friday, despite prior indications that he would even after announcing that he tested positive for the coronavirus.

The New York Times‘ Maggie Haberman reported that Vice President Mike Pence participated in the call instead. Shortly after Trump announced early Friday that he tested positive, the White House released a revised schedule for the president that still listed the 12:15 PM ET phone call.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/m...-support-1234590388/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
He got a dose of Regeneron monoclonal antibodies. Study results were just reported last week:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/...ter-early-data-show/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37847 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Reported symptoms: cough, fever, congestion.

Just announced he's going to the hospital "for a few days".

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yup, just saw that they're flying him to Walter Reed on Marine One.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Yup, just saw that they're flying him to Walter Reed on Marine One.

Few days at WR with a low grade fever. Helicopter awaiting. Tired.

Nothing about Mel.

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
WTG ...

Comfort

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Holy cow, I can't keep up with this. It's amazing to me that people think that this might be fake news, and it's not necessarily a crackpot theory. This is where we are.

WTG, I'm so sorry about your dog. Hoping it's an easy, effective and long-lasting treatment plan.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I'm ready to call it, for several reasons: I think Donald Trump is going to pass away within a week.

My reasons:

No way no how does Donald Trump go to a hospital if there is any way to avoid it.

Melania doesn't need to go. That's what "mild symptoms" look like.

How would they know he will be there "several days" if he is having only mild symptoms?

Herman Cain and Boris Johnson didn't crater in 12 hours. The trajectory is alarming.

If they could give him that cocktail at home, they would keep treating him at home if there were any way to do that effectively.

They have ventilators at a hospital.

I'm not celebrating, for many reasons. But I cannot say that I am happy that he deliberately exposed scores of people to the virus after he knew a close aide was positive.

Posts: 19758 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm ready to call it, for several reasons: I think Donald Trump is going to pass away within a week.

Well, he won't have to worry about his tax bill ...

Posts: 12523 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
He got a dose of Regeneron monoclonal antibodies. Study results were just reported last week:

https://www.statnews.com/2020/...ter-early-data-show/

I read it was polyclonal antibodies.

This Twitter thread says that giving him the Regeneron cocktail for "compassionate use" was highly unusual.

Posts: 45733 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
He doesn't seem on death's doorstep

... unless you think this is faked.

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
No, I don't think it is faked.

When my mom was declining, the thing that sent her to the hospital was a pulse ox below 90 (I think that was the magic number).

And she could talk for 20 seconds. And she would walk 50 yards.

That said . . .

Ooooh, I am so mad at the continuing deceit. Now the "story" is that Trump went to the hospital because it is just so very difficult for the White House residential staff for them to be around someone who has tested postive.

So why is Melania still there?

And I am in a full on rage that he was *not* tested before the debate. He arrived later, so they skipped the test on the honor system.

Like Donald Trump has honor. Puh. Did he know he was positive and do the debate because it was a chance to infect Biden? I wouldn't put it past him. That he went to that fundraiser knowing he had been traveling with someone who had to be isolated on the plane because she was sick is telling.

Posts: 19758 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Good point about the pulse ox. But sending someone to the hospital "early" on that basis is associated with much better outcomes.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
And I am in a full on rage that he was *not* tested before the debate. He arrived later, so they skipped the test on the honor system.

OMG! This is the first I'm hearing of this! OMG!

I can't deal with this. This is just too much. 1

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18386 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post