well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post

For 14 years of weekly lessons, Musette hunched over the keyboard of the little Brambach while Mr. Moto DeSoto screamed, "No, no, NO!! Staccato! Staccato! STACCATO!!" Every night she cried herself to sleep, whimpering into her pillow, "It sounds good at home".

--------------------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
LOL That should be an Edward Gorey cartoon.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kathyk:
I've seen your belly dancing costumes. I find them much more tasteful than Lib's get-ups, but to each his own. Smiler

Here's a pix of my latest - with my piano to keep it on topic. My tuner has my action until next Wednesday, so no piano playing for this boy!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Zorba, WOW! You even have toenails to match the costume.

Jim "I've had toenails that matched my motorcycle" B.

Wink

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's pretty spectacular. Do those wings melt when you get too close to the sun, though?

Can you imagine if we had a gigantic WTF party showcasing everyone's talents. We could have OT singing (and leading the choir Smiler ), Zorba dancing, an art exhibit of Kenny's, Jodi's and Apple's paintings, Mary Anna doing a reading from her latest book, the Duo Scarbo performing, Steve Miller doing a This-Old-House presentation and of course lots of ad libbing.

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Let's not forget the comedy team of Doug & Markb.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
Zorba, WOW! You even have toenails to match the costume.

Jim "I've had toenails that matched my motorcycle" B.

Wink

But of course - what kind of a Belly Dancer would I be if my toenails didn't match? HA!

ThumbsUp

Kathyk - my dance sisters say that I have "the whole Sun God thing going on" with this cossie.

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Zorba, how do people react to your toenails when your in civies?

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
Zorba, how do people react to your toenails when your in civies?

They're usually not visible when I'm in civvies! But, considering that I have long hair, wear outrageous earrings (one in each ear), have a full beard, and most importantly, wear a "skirted garment" of one sort or another (Usually, but not always, the famous "Utilikilt") - the last thing anyone would notice or care about would be my toenails! Big Grin

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple of friends who wear Utilikilts all the time and love them. I've been thinking about it, but have yet to step up to the plate - they're pricy.

I would think a group of performers would have a pretty high acceptance level, but even the gay guys at the opera were astonished at my cobalt blue toenails. I used the acrylic touchup paint from my motorcycle since I couldn't find a suitable color in nail polish.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, UtiliKilts no longer makes their original design, the "Standard". I have five of them. I wouldn't be caught dead in their current design - I don't like the flat front pseudo-Scottish look. So I'm having a seamstress make a couple of "similar" knockoffs.

If guys knew how comfortable a skirt of any kind is, they'd abandon pants for good (except for situations involving a lot of crawling, dirt, etc.).

As for toenail acceptance, etc. - the most fanatically militant enforcers of the male status quo are (some) gays. Go figure. Why were you wearing Cobalt blue? I know it was to go with your bike, but I'm curious.

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zorba:
(except for situations involving a lot of crawling, dirt, etc.).

I dunno. The Workman's model looks pretty functional.

Is this the type you like, Zorba?

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
My wife persuaded me to try it and see if I lked it. While I thought it was novel, and got a perverse kick out of watching people's reactions, I'm not much inot adornment so I didn't keep it up.

PS. Nobody, and I mean nobody, makes a cobalt blue polish.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kathyk:

Is this the type you like, Zorba?

Nope, that is their current style, the "Neo-Trad". I like their original style, no longer produced:

Pleated all around, is NOT a wrap skirt. Has a zipper. Very similar to the Greek Foustanella.

Cobalt blue polish?

Go to this page:

http://www.doubleveil.net/piano/pianod.htm

And scroll down about half way where I have my foot braced against my piano action that I'm working on. Is that blue enough?

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable