well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markjpcs:
Have we seen this one?

I think I would remember that one. As someone who works with wood and makes odd bits of furniture here and there, that's quite a remarkable piece for contemplation of what it took to create it. I wonder if they make it in bubinga?

--------------------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13638 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markjpcs:
Have we seen this one?

Kinda, back on page 28, but a different color:

And the back is just as cool:

In whichever color, the driftwood theme is way cool!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zorba:
...In whichever color, the driftwood theme is way cool!

I perceived it as sort of "driftwood". I have a huge piece from the Oregon beach that resembles that form that the cat uses as her scratching post. I especially like that the back is finished. As weird as it is, I could perhaps live with that one, though I like that other sort of anthropomorphic gnarly beast Mark posted ca. Pg. 8 just a tad better. When I first saw it some years ago, I seriously wanted it. It's truly my favorite of the weird ones.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
That's the enchanted baron haunting that deserted Bavarian castle. Even after eons, he still hopes to be discovered by a maiden who will appreciate his inner spirit. His kindliness is evidenced by his curvilinear physique, his generosity by the grape clusters on his knees and his manliness by his bearded cheeks. Should SHE come, and caress his smiling keys, who knows what will happen - -

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Note on the recent piano pics:

With all those sinuous curves, the flat row of 88 keys looks like a design mistake!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13835 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick (CG):
As weird as it is, I could perhaps live with that one, though I like that other sort of anthropomorphic gnarly beast Mark posted ca. Pg. 8 just a tad better. When I first saw it some years ago, I seriously wanted it. It's truly my favorite of the weird ones.

This is my all time favorite piano. I showed it to my wife who said "BUY IT!"

Unfortunately for us both, that just isn't possible!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
Liberace way back when seated at an "early 1800's" Pleyel grand in the Pleyel Museum in Paris. Supposedly Chopin played on this piano at Versailles. If he did, it probably scared him to death.

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
Apparently Liberace wasn't afraid of anything (except being ordinary). Ole

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rick (CG):
Apparently Liberace wasn't afraid of anything (except being ordinary). Ole

Hmmm... A guy after my own heart!

And I'd *KILL* for that candelabra!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
fun with computers?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7566 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like there's a lot of wasted space inside that grand....

This one apparently belonged to or was played by Mozart... (?)

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
1911 Ivers & Pond, very pretty:

I know where someone can pick one of these up REAL cheap. It's in the abandoned building across the street from my office building. I snuck in a month or so ago while a realtor was showing it, and tagged along. There was a spinet on the first floor, and I was astounded to see this neglected beauty on the second floor. The building's not bad either with a little TLC - any takers who are interested in beong my neighbors?

Here's the building.

See the 2nd floor window peaking out. It's in there. In the attic, there was a vintage child's piano.

I've been drooling over that house since I first moved in across the street in terms of the potential (I love fixer-uppers with good bones), but after I saw all those pianos, my fantasies have gone rampanat.

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks to me like there's a lot of wasted space inside that grand....

This one apparently belonged to or was played by Mozart... (?)

It has a remarkable amount of legs. It looks like it could scuttle across the salon.