well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
PJ's next project:

Nah. It has no aluminum plate.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I do believe I know where that pig is (was). It's in the "Pacific Place" shopping center in downtown Seattle.

Every year the city does a thing called "Pigs on Parade", I think it's some sort of benefit for the Pike Place Market. There are dozens of pigs scattered around the city.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Yep, that's how I found it the first time.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
PJ, you don't get out of it quite that easy - it is indeed an aluminum plate. Neener

We visited our friends in RB who lost their home I referred to in the fire thread. This is what's left of their 1910 Steinway M(?):

The metal bits in the upper right are what's left of the stairway railing the piano sat under.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of apple
posted Hide Post
that is soooooooooooooooooo sad

Posts: 9156 | Location: kc | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
It is. they had no warning the fire was coming, literally just happened to wake up as the fire was approaching at about 2:00am Tuesday. They had enough time to leave with four photo albums and the clothes on their backs.

They live in a really nice neighborhood - large homes on large lots. Every house surrounding them was virtually untouched. The fire either jumped to get them, or a narrow finger reached their house through the brush, it's hard to say.

I'm going up to help sift rubble as soon as Altoid's back in school.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
So sad....thank goodness they got out. How devastating.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I keep running across these outdoor pianos...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
There's a story here, I'm sure!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Love the frock coat, very pretty!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:

I'm almost certain I used to pass this one every day on the way to work. It made my heart ache.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post

(We've done it, but not animated. Wink)

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
That "Cat Piano" picture is ALL over the 'net - but where on earth did you find an ANIMATED version?!? That's a new one on me. Good find!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Now someone just needs to add the act chorus from the "Meow Mix" ad.

I suppose this has been posted before, but I actually got to see it when I stayed at the Peabody Hotel in Memphis this weekend: Francis Scott Key's Knabe.

It's on the mezzanine balcony overlooking the lobby. No one is allowed to play it, of course. In the lobby, they have a Yamaha grand that is either playing itself or in the eveining has someone live tickling its keys. I snuck to try a Young Chang grand in the ballroom on the top floor. My God what an awful piano. Talk about PSOs!

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post