well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
ragtime is my favorite music -- and stride piano.

I always liked Gladys Mills. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSf5uMB0eL0

or Winnie Atwell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...borA&feature=related

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
PianoAgain,

Don't forget - Saturday we will have Hugh Sung with us. He is one of the finest callaborative pianists I have met - ever. He reads like a machine.

I would love for one of the WTF'ers to accompany you, but there won't be a problem if they cannot. Smiler

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I've been amusing myself with looking at airfares and, golly, they're cheap. I have some ex-cousins-in-law to stay with in downtown Philly. (Is that near Rich's place?) I need to make up my mind so that I don't just show up on their doorstep, out of the blue.

I've still got some logistical snags. Muffin probably can't make it, because I think she has a final the next week. (They're always out of school by June 1. Why must it be different this year...) And my mother's health is a day-to-day thing. But I'm leaning in that direction.

What days and times are the scheduled events? I need to look at flight times to make that final decision.

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
PA,

I can accompany too...sounds like you will have plenty of offers though.

Posts: 13811 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
Oh THAT hugh!!!

OMG someone said at the Pittsburgh piano party that they got self-conscious after I played something hard-SOUNDING. Now I'm gonna be in full-fledged panic attack mode the moment he walks in the room!!! Big Grin My skills appear to be bonafide talent around dilletantes ONLY!!! Big Grin

Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I decided to take summer school both sessions but am still planning on coming. It will just be a bit squeezed. As far as I know I am bringing a carload including MattG and Rach On!

Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Big John,

Awesome! It will be great to see you, buddy.

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
does anyone know the itinerary for the weekend?

We are planning on arriving friday evening and leaving out sunday morning so saturday is the only day we'll really have.

Is the Sat. night party at Rich's or something?

Tks.

Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Saturday afternoon is planned events - into the evening - including food from "Le Bus", a fine caterer in Philadelphia.

Sunday is open as far as I am concerned. We could meet at The Philadelphia Museum of Art, tour the historic district of Philly, see the Germantown White House, or other such stuff. I am happy to act as host and guide, along with FTP. Where has he been?

Unfortunately, there aren't any set concerts for the weekend that we could go to as a group, but perhaps we can make our own music.

Question, are we opening this gathering to TNCR? I have no problem either way - I'm just not clear.

Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
MaryAnna - you are 15 minutes away!

How about a reading from a book? I would love that.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I think I'm not going to be able to make it, Rich. There are just too many conflicting family responsibilities. Good to know you're that close, so I can drop by next time I visit those cousins.

I'm really sorry I'm going to miss the big event, though.

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
we can just play pianos and have fun. Mary Anna PLEASE??????????????????? ????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????? ???????????????????? ?????????????

It would be so much fun to see you again!!!!

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'd love to, John, really, but I just couldn't get my schedule to behave. This has necessarily been a low-travel year for me, but I don't ordinarily sit still for long. Smiler

I'll (obviously) be at the gathering in Phoenix in October for Muffin's Sister's graduation, and I have excuses to travel north--an agent in New York and a new publisher in Boston. I just can't do it this month.

Oh, and check your pms.

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
and I have excuses to travel north--...a new publisher in Boston.

When??

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
No special time. I just figure I'll do some book-type things up north and visit the publisher while I'm there, just to render my junket that much more palatable to the IRS. Big Grin When I'm more free to travel, I have visions of frequent trips to NYC to "see my agent." As if we can't do business by phone and email, just like we've been doing for, oh, twelve or thirteen years...

Fortunately, we've become friends over that time, so she'll back me up. "Oh, yes, Ms. IRS Lady, we had urgent business that could only be done face-to-face."

The northern junket will probably be sometime after the new book comes out this October. First, however, I have to go to that Phoenix graduation party Halloween weekend. But you folks are invited to that party, you know...