well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
 Login/Join

Gadfly
Picture of fathertopianist
posted Hide Post
I'll bet I could have my pick of landscape architects. Big Grin

On a more serious note, I see some great ideas forming for events during the reunion...

The public option for housing, has already accomplished what I feared most--it killed off the private sector and now I already have to start rationing. Big Grin

Posts: 4838 | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
quote:
The director at the church where I just did the grand regulation was astounded at the difference I made.

It was that bad, huh?? Wink

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rich galassini:
quote:
The director at the church where I just did the grand regulation was astounded at the difference I made.

It was that bad, huh?? Wink

Heh. Actually, yes, it was that bad. In leveling the keys and setting dip, I removed ~1/8" of paper punchings from each key across the entire keyboard, just to get enough dip. That alone made it feel like a totally different action; you could feel the letoff and repetition once again, for starters.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
Since school has screwed up my schedule I won't be graduating until July, meaning the Muffin Family will be unable to attend the party in Philly Frowner.

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
NOOOOOOOOO!

Frowner

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
I know Frowner there's a tiny tiny possibility we might be able to make it if it's held on Memorial Day weekend (I'm still not sure which weekend it's being held Big Grin) but I might be doing my externship then, if so then I'll probably be working that whole weekend. Frowner

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
it's memorial day weekend! Smiler hope it works out for us to meet you!!

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of apple*
posted Hide Post
i sooo know what I'm playing. ha ha ha

Posts: 4933 | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Forum Groupie
Picture of Eldon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
that is too much money for me. i'd either need to impose myself on someone's hospitality or hope for a good deal on priceline close by.

OOOOPS...Guess I forgot to tell ya you that you and I would be roomin' together. My bad.. Smiler

Posts: 867 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I've been watching this thread (believe it or not). I have to take masters exams in May/June of 2010, but if the dates line up, (and my grad student bank account isn't empty)I will try to attend Memorial Day weekend.

if not, I would like to start the plea early for not only photos, but video!!!!

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of EHpianist
posted Hide Post
Can someone please modify the title of this thread to reflect the exact date(s) the party will be?

Posts: 7252 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Due to previously unforseen circumstances, I have decided that I *will* be attending this august event!

If there is anyone of any gender and orientation that would be interested in sharing an affordable (yes, I know, everything is relative!) hotel room, please let me know. I would be amenable to staying slightly outside the city and renting a car.

(I may also be spending a few days in DC before or after, if that makes a difference to anyone.)

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have decided that I *will* be attending this august event!

AUgust? Confused or did you mean auGUST? Big Grin

hmmmm. a dc trip sounds like a good idea.

Posts: 21339 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of josh
posted Hide Post
Sounds like fun! I'll watch fares (and see if we want to tear ourselves away from the best party weekend of the year)!

Posts: 2519 | Registered: 21 January 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Lisa
posted Hide Post
I have a guest room I am willing to offer up. It's only got an IKEA futon, it's also full of Mr. Lisa's computers, and you'd have to put up with the noise and chaos that is the Lisa household (2 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat). The room doesn't have a private bath - you'd have to share the hall bathroom with my kids. Oh, and to make matters worse, I live about 45 min to an hour outside the city. I kind of figured with all that, no one would WANT to stay here, which is why I didn't offer it up earlier. But in the interest of a carpy economy and the fact that free lodging may make the difference between coming or not for someone, I'm opening the doors!

I am definitely planning to go to as much of this event as I can. You are welcome to carpool with me, but because of my kiddos activity schedule, I'm sure I'll end up missing things and coming home early and stuff. Or you can rent a car, I'll give you a key, and you can crash here and do your own thing. Anyhoo, if anyone is interested in staying way out here in East Jebip, pm me.

Posts: 4402 | Location: Suburban Philly, PA | Registered: 30 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post