well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post

--------------------------------
Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
RF, in your last photo, am I missing something? suave

Latest progress on my Ampico:

Another view, showing the gorgeous keybed; alternating mahogany and poplar.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

During January, Centennial Park will host a public piano as part of Sydney Festival’s Play Me, I’m Yours! The piano will be decorated by Park Rangers and community volunteers and will remain in the Park for three weeks to be played by anyone and everyone who would like to have a go.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Hey Brian, we're coming to NZ soon. Wanna meet?

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
One Man's Dream on a piano. Opera tenor, you're welcome to come and visit/stay...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
During January, Centennial Park will host a public piano as part of Sydney Festival’s Play Me, I’m Yours! The piano will be decorated by Park Rangers and community volunteers and will remain in the Park for three weeks to be played by anyone and everyone who would like to have a go.

Big Fun! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34988 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rustyfingers:
Hey Zorba! Welcome back. You been lurking?

Partly. I haven't had the time for any of my five major boards that I would like. Two piano boards, two Belly Dance boards, and a sewing machine collector's board.

Be careful what you ask for - you may get it! I wanted to be a "working dancer", and I now am. I've been taking 3 dance classes a week, then I was inducted into a trupe, so that added a rehearsal. Then one of my dance sisters, Lana, decided to teach this wings/veil choreography - I couldn't pass that up. So now its 4 classes a week. Then my wife and I formed a troupe - so that's now 2 rehearsals a week. Then I got talked into teaching a veil workshop (veil is one of my specialties, but I don't normally teach) - so I gotta prep for that. And now I'm the house dancer at a local restaurant, so I'm practicing, performing, scheduling guest dancers, and coming up with new routines for that. Now my wife tells me that one of her co-workers has a close friend who just opened a new Moroccan place who wants dancers - so there's a vague possibility I'll be sucked into that - hopefully not as a regular, I'm not sure I could handle being house dancer and/or scheduler for two restaurants.

Then I had to choreograph a skirt dance for the troupe, blah, blah, blah. There's costuming issues with the troupe I joined and choreographies to learn, more choreographies for the troupe we formed. Thank Goddess I'm an improv dancer for my solo work. I just had my hair hennaed - and had to plan exactly when that could happen with everything else that's going on...

So if you kept up with all that, I'm still playing and tinkering with my piano - in fact my tuner is coming in about 1-1/2 weeks. I'd really like to find a Melodigrand or other mini-piano (acoustic, of course) for our second home in Florida. And I usually get talked into at least one performance when I'm there...

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Oh yea, have written 2 articles of a 3 part series for a Belly Dance magazine. At this rate, I'll have to schedule potty breaks weeks in advance...

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Oh yea, have written 2 articles of a 3 part series for a Belly Dance magazine. At this rate, I'll have to schedule potty breaks weeks in advance...

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
1918 Hobart M. Cable