well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post

--------------------------------
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
ChickGrand, any backstory?

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
ChickGrand, any backstory?

None. It's one of those things that pops up and just leaves you to wonder, found randomly stranded on the internet with no attribution.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Man on Grand Piano CigarBox(1880s)

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Beaded Piano
At Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, Downtown Disney, Anaheim, California

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Oh - bummer! I knew I shouldn't have pulled it up to pitch!!!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A companion photo to CG's soldier in the woods:

quote:
The Piano in the Woods

- From CNN

Was it a theft? A prank? A roundabout effort to bring some holiday cheer to the police? Authorities in Harwich, Massachusetts, are probing the mysterious appearance of a piano, in good working condition, in the middle of the woods.

Discovered by a woman who was walking a trail, the Baldwin Acrosonic piano, model number 987, is intact -- and, apparently, in tune.

My money's on elves. It has to do with the elves. You know the old story: the sounds of delightful singing in the forest. Humans trudging and tripping through the bracken to discover the source of the music - they get just a glimpse of the charming circles of elves dancing and singing and the *poof* and the elves disappear leaving the humans with a story which everybody else pooh-poohs and attributes either to drink or an overabundance of childish credulousness.

Well sir, in a day when, curiously, Churches and Cathedrals respond to dwindling congregations by installing massive tracker organs against their west walls and spending mega-bucks on professional music programs it appears that the elves too have fallen victim to the mantra of 'standards, standards, standards'. No elf choir is complete nowadays without its Baldwin Acrosonic.

Except that when the elf choir goes *poof* the evidence remains. Once again the pursuit of excellence finds itself in conflict with First Principles.

It's gonna take some re-thinking, this one.

Posted by Raspberry Rabbit at 11/24/2008 0 comments

Source

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rontuner:
Oh - bummer! I knew I shouldn't have pulled it up to pitch!!!

That's the kind of stuff that just makes me sad...

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Beatles 150k Challen
THIS battered piano used by The Beatles on some of their biggest hits is up for sale at more than £150,000.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/ho...150-grand-piano.html

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Shaniko Ghost Town Piano
Shaniko is a self described "Ghost Town". With a current population of under 20 it lives off Tourism and the guests at the Hotel.
http://sb.gresham.k12.or.us/~b.../ghosts/shaniko.html
http://www.markscholey.co.uk/projects/shaniko.htm

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Embassy Suites Nashville Xmas
http://esnashvillecatering.blogspot.com/

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Twelve Days of Christmas "2010 Christmas List"
On the First Day of Christmas my true love gave to me a Pricey leather, chrome and glass avante-garde grand Piano ...
http://moopigwisdom.blogspot.c...-2010-christmas.html

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
A salute of xmas cheer to these unsung heros of the piano world....

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Piano for the Bedridden
Now that would be a delightful xmas...

"The photo above comes from the Spaarnestad collection in the Nationaal Archief – the National Archive of the Netherlands. The image is sourced to Great Britain and dated 1935, but carries no explanatory text other than “Piano especially designed for people who are confined to bed.”"

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
huge “piano-playing” Teddy bear

Poinsettias lined the walkway leading to the comfortable 1900s Florida Beachside Bungalow of Realtor Melissa Latty. The festively decorated home was filled with Christmas cheer, including a huge “piano-playing” Teddy bear that brought smiles to visitors’ faces as they entered the front door.
http://sandinsb.wordpress.com/2009/12/