well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow?

--------------------------------
Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7560 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
A "tall" Bluthner on ebay:

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Patriotic enough?

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7560 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Waiting for the match:

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
A Bosie Imperial with 97 keys at George Fox University, in Lincoln City, OR. It's a small, wealthy Quaker college. I almost went there for my sophomore year of school. Here's a link where you can hear it: George Fox Music Department

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

The Optophonic Piano was an electronic optical instrument created by the Russian Futurist painter Vladimir Baranoff Rossiné (Born in 1888 at Kherson ,Ukraine - Russia, died Paris, France 1944). Rossiné started working on his instrument c1916. The Optophonic Piano was used at exhibitions of his own paintings and revolutionary artistic events in the new Soviet Union, Rossine later gave two concerts with his instrument (with his wife Pauline Boukour), at the Meyerhold and Bolchoi theatres in 1924. Vladimir Rossiné left the Soviet Union in 1925, emigrated to Paris where he continued to hold exhibitions of paintings and concerts of his instrument.

The Optophonic Piano generated sounds and projected revolving patterns onto a wall or cieling by directing a bright light through a series revolving painted glass disks (painted by Rossiné), filters, mirrors and lenses. The keyboard controlled the combination of the various filters and disks. The variations in opacity of the painted disk and filters were picked up by a photo-electric cell controling the pitch of a single oscillator. The instrument produced a continuous varying tone which, accompanied by the rotating kaleidascopic projections was used by Vladimir Rossiné at exhibitions and public events

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
A Bosie Imperial with 97 keys at George Fox University, in Lincoln City, OR. It's a small, wealthy Quaker college. I almost went there for my sophomore year of school. Here's a link where you can hear it: George Fox Music Department

That's not the proper orientation for a piano on a stage.

Photographic/Artistic license?

Bad, very bad.

Posts: 13636 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Naw, its a double sided stage - the main seating is behind you (the photographer)... Ole

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Isn't this "rebuilt" Bluthner just GORGEOUS?!?

It can be yours for 85K...

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
Terrifying - -

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by markj:

That's not the proper orientation for a piano on a stage.

Photographic/Artistic license?

Bad, very bad.

Uh, Mark, how about they posed the piano for the photo to show it off in the concert hall, and they thought having the house in the background looked better than the backstage?

Are you for real?

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I don't think there's enough room on the platform to play that Chickering...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
I'd dedicate a room to that piano.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Here's another backwards to the stage picture.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com