well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Did I mention that I have three grandchildren?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I mention that I have three grandchildren?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Managing three children boggles my mind. Must require a lot of management.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
I admire those that can accomplish that task. Good for you.

Was not able to find the edit button spot.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25704 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Late to the party here, but CONGRATULATIONS 3 times over! Smiler

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I can totally believe it's around $500/mo. You figure that one baby (I'll now go with a 2 month old) will need to eat maybe 4-5x/day, about 4-5 ounces per feeding, so one baby could eat up to around 25 ozs per day.

Three kids = 125 oz/day. A 24 oz can of powdered baby formula will make around 77 oz of formula.

So Target is selling Similac Advance powder at $8.69 per, which works out (assuming my 77 oz of actual formula per can) is right) to be 11c per ounce.

11c X 125 ounces is $14. Per day. That works out to be $423/month. BUT there's always waste, and god forbid any of the babies can't manage regular baby powder because the price skyrockets for more specialty types (like soy based).

And because you don't want to jump out a window, you'd probably also have some of the pre-made ones around in case you needed some convenience on occasion. Add in more cost, because the premade are crazy expensive.

Eeker

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
oh wait my math is totally wrong. Duh. Pays to try to do this on the fly after working at the computer all day.

Just move on... hahaha

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Because they were preemies, their formula is $45 per can. A can lasts less than two days.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I can believe that it all costs a heckuva lot more than anybody would expect. I remember what it was like when I had two in diapers, and that was thirty-six years ago. Today's prices for feeding and diapering three must be heartstopping.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post