well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Did I mention that I have three grandchildren?
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did I mention that I have three grandchildren?
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted
Let’s just say that this year has been wild. OS became pregnant with spontaneous triplets. They were born healthy in August (2 boys and a girl), and the whole family of five moved in with Mr. Sphinx and me. The time and expense ($500 a month on formula to supplement breastfeeding) is overwhelming, so we’re glad we can help.

What’s been most bizarre is the way other people behave. We get the full rundown of intrusive questions from total strangers, like is the father going to get a vasectomy. Is my daughter going to have more kids. Are they test tube babies. People stare and gawk to the point that my introverted daughter doesn’t even like taking them out.

So, just a public service announcement: Just smile at them and, you know, maybe get the door?

Cindy (having a blast and not too introverted to answer questions from you all)

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Smiler

Are the two boys identical?

--------------------------------
www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12696 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It’s so great that you are able to help.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20468 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
That is wild! Congratulations!! Are we really allowed to ask rude questions??? Big Grin

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21353 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Congrats to all!

Wow, that's a sudden change to the lifestyle!

Posts: 12562 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to all the Sphinxes, large and small!

quote:
Wow, that's a sudden change to the lifestyle!

No kidding.

It has to be a huge challenge raising three little ones at the same time. OS is lucky to have more hands on deck to help!

How's the dog dealing with the new residents?

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37976 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34981 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
And breastfeeding triplets. Holy wow.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20468 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Wow, that’s a houseful!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13819 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Wow!!
Congratulations
A friend had triplets years ago. The boys will be graduating from different colleges on different days in May.

"spontaneous" refers to what? I had a question in mind that was too rude. Maybe this one is ok.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25726 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Spontaneous = not caused as a result of medical intervention (like fertility assistance where they implant multiple eggs in the hope that some will become viable embryos).

I can only imagine the workload. My sister had preemie twins and an 18 month old and that was bad enough. She wasn't breastfeeding, either.

Congrats! Three new Sphinxlets set loose on the world. Smiler

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!!! <3 <3 <3

quote:
the way other people behave.

Yes, unfortunately, it's quite bad. I'm sorry you all have to deal with it. Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18586 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Wow!!
Congratulations
A friend had triplets years ago. The boys will be graduating from different colleges on different days in May.

"spontaneous" refers to what? I had a question in mind that was too rude. Maybe this one is ok.

congratulations, Cindy!
This sounds fun, exciting and exhausting.

as an aside, I think we should have a separate thread where we try to guess what the rude question Chas was thinking of is…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m so glad that you’re all doing well! Congratulations to the family, multiple times!

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9803 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congratulations!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4098 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post