well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Best $$ Wasting tips
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best $$ Wasting tips
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Let's just say I'm not putting my life savings into Bitcoin.

Or trendy short squeeze stocks.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kluurs:
People told me to put extra money into CDs - and so I did. I have about 15,000 of them so I've been pretty prudent. I'd recommend that to you. Of course, you should make sure you have a nice high end audio system to play them on. Makes that investment seem more attractive.

You could put all of that on a boat for added value.

So much winning.

--------------------------------
Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
No one has mentioned laying in a supply of freeze dried food for the End Of Life As We Know It?

Don't forget to buy a healthy number of Bibles for when the liberal elites come around begging for food and water. Chuck the Word Of The Lord at the heathens to keep them off your lawn.

ROTFLMAO

Posts: 25711 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
A boat? You think a boat is the most efficient way to waste money? A boat is the minor leagues. If you want to blow through a LOT of money REAL fast, buy an aeroplane.

One of my former cellmates had a reproduction P-51 Mustang that, all told (fuel, maintenance, insurance, hangar, etc.) cost over $500 an hour to fly.

That reminds of the rule-If you Fly it, Float it, or mate with it. Rent it.

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Ha! (To Chas). I haven’t learned how to quote text on an iPhone.)

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
Let's just say I'm not putting my life savings into Bitcoin.

Or trendy short squeeze stocks.

I've been spending more time than I would like in the digital asset space. I haven't dabbled personally yet. I feel like a race course tout; I let others take the risk.

Posts: 45748 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Spent an extra $.15 a gallon on gas this morning, because I didn’t feel like waiting in line at Costco.

Yes, I’ve got that kind of money…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
ROTFLMAO

Well, you seem to value your time at ... hmmmm, at least $4.50 per hour, presuming you bought 15 gallons and would have had to wait a half hour at Costco.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Buy a boat.
To do it right, buy and old classic that is due for a extensive renovation.
This strategy has been best described as standing in a cold shower tearing up thousand dollars bills.

Sold the boat for a pittance in the spring. The buyer could easily persuaded me to pay him to take it if he had only known.

Back when I still owned horses because my son was riding, I was considering buying a boat to keep it on. It was the only way I could think of to spend even more money…

https://youtu.be/hpM8FjO4Vko

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13560 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
Buy a boat.
To do it right, buy and old classic that is due for a extensive renovation.
This strategy has been best described as standing in a cold shower tearing up thousand dollars bills.

Sold the boat for a pittance in the spring. The buyer could easily persuaded me to pay him to take it if he had only known.

Back when I still owned horses because my son was riding, I was considering buying a boat to keep it on. It was the only way I could think of to spend even more money…

https://youtu.be/hpM8FjO4Vko

Well I’ll be damned. I thought the idea was original with me.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Buy one of the first hybrid Lexii ever made (RX400h) because of its environmental benefits. Discover 3 months later Toyota now makes a small Prius hybrid, sticker price about half of Lexus. Decide that the Lexus sends a bad elitist signal, so decide to trade in your 2 month old mega-$$ Lexus on a new Prius and lose a bazillion dollars in depreciation. Run the idea by your wife, who immediately has a cow. Wife finally decides that it would be cheaper to trade in the much-beloved Honda minivan for a new Prius, and start driving the Lexus and apparently send a bad signals wherever she goes.

This is, of course, hypothetical. Big Grin

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Buy one of the first hybrid Lexii ever made (RX400h) because of its environmental benefits. Discover 3 months later Toyota now makes a small Prius hybrid, sticker price about half of Lexus. Decide that the Lexus sends a bad elitist signal, so decide to trade in your 2 month old mega-$$ Lexus on a new Prius and lose a bazillion dollars in depreciation. Run the idea by your wife, who immediately has a cow. Wife finally decides that it would be cheaper to trade in the much-beloved Honda minivan for a new Prius, and start driving the Lexus and apparently send a bad signals wherever she goes.

This is, of course, hypothetical. Big Grin

Of course. ROTFLMAO

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
Simple answer.

Buy a horse.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Then you need Ivermectin ...

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
Simple answer.

Buy a horse.

See, I told you. I win.

Big Grin

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20462 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post