well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s your First World Problem du jour?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your First World Problem du jour?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted
Ok, let’s take a break from all the serious problems out there and complain about our little insignificant inconveniences.

I’ll start - my car is in the bodyshop (a guy backed into me in a parking lot) and the loaner they gave me doesn’t have a heated steering wheel!

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I forgot to buy popcorn on my last trip to Trader Joe's...

VeryAngry

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37966 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shut up and play your guitar!
Minor Deity
Picture of markj
posted Hide Post
Wow. Heated steering wheel huh?

My FWP is figuring out how to design large threads that will 3D print for a "product" with a very limited customer base and that is most likely going to cost more in R&D then I will ever recover.

Posts: 13634 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
I am feeling sorry for myself for not owning one of those neat spring loaded snow shovels Steve told us about. Just can't justify it so late in the season and when I already have so many other shovels.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
The cleaning person missed some crumbs on the floor...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My central air is making me cold and I'm too lazy to get up to change it.

Maybe if I hadn't been sick as a dog for the last nine hours I'd feel differently.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
My phone screen is an OLED panel. I want an AMOLED one.

Posts: 24732 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:

I’ll start - my car is in the bodyshop (a guy backed into me in a parking lot) and the loaner they gave me doesn’t have a heated steering wheel!

Bastards!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
All the stores in town are out of my cereal of choice.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18576 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Also, this whole thread (self included) is hysteric

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18576 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Lol! Steves car has a heated steering wheel (and seats) and i love it. Really wish mine did.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
My violin is of better quality than I expected for the price.
The problem is not with the violin.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25714 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
It’s been so long since I’ve been able to get together with my ukulele group, that I’m losing the calluses on my fingertips of my left hand.

Anyone else find themselves humming “we shall overcome” as you read this thread?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
NONE of the plumbing supply places have the drain basket for my 100 year old clawfoot tub...Imagine!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
We keep putting seed in the "squirrel-proof" bird feeder and the squirrels have been chowing down on it. Nothing is squirrel-proof... only squirrel resistant. So, we bought a bag of raw unsalted peanuts and filled a pan on the ground. The little buggers ate or walked off with about a quart of peanuts in the last 24 hours.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post