well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s your First World Problem du jour?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your First World Problem du jour?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
So, I just picked up a combo meal from El Pollo Loco for lunch. I am very familiar with the establishment and the cuisine. In response to their query about the desire for salsa, I always request pico de gallo. It is the established norm that this results in two little tubs of pico de Gallo being put in my to-go bag.

I get home, and ONLY ONE TUB OF PICO DE GALLO!

Really, I can’t imagine anyone in the world having a worse day than me today.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I had a nail in a rear tire on my Crown Vic. Took it to get it patched. Mechanic said it couldn't be. Needed a new tire. I didn't want a mismatch on the same axle so I thought about buying two, but then decided to buy 4.

--------------------------------
Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
And with diesel prices pushing $5 I parked my pickup in the garage -- with a full 36 gallon tank I bought for $3.55 a gallon. No use driving it if it gets almost the same mileage as the crown vic. No matter what I do with the truck I get 17-18 mpg.. If I stay off the freeway or under 65 mph in the Crown Vic I can get 21-22 mpg.

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Drove my hybrid to Costco to get gas. I had to wait in line... there were at least 4 cars ahead of me!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7565 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I made fresh pesto today. Halfway through I discovered I had no Parmesan Reggiano and had to settle for Pecorino Romano. The Horror.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13584 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
My 2012 Subaru is still going strong at 270k miles so I have no excuse to get a new car.

Jf

“I want a heated steering wheel” is as good an excuse as any.

File this under 'Things I didn't know I needed until I got one'.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13584 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mikhailoh:
I made fresh pesto today. Halfway through I discovered I had no Parmesan Reggiano and had to settle for Pecorino Romano. The Horror.

Oh no. Somebody start a GoFundMe

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
I was watching a YouTube video yesterday, about 80% through with the video, then something came up and I had to take a break from the video. When I tried to return to the video, YouTube showed me a message saying the video has been removed by the account that uploaded it. Now I may never know how the story ends.

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12704 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I just thought I’d leave an update - I got my car back Saturday so my hands are nice and warm again when I drive.

I mean, in case you were worried.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just thought I’d leave an update - I got my car back Saturday so my hands are nice and warm again when I drive.

My truck has the coldest steering wheel in the universe. When I got in at -4 the other morning I thought, "Darn, I hope John did not need to drive anywhere this morning."

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25735 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
It was dark when I woke up this morning.

Clock said it was about the time I usually get up.

But it was dark.

What the heck???

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
quote:

My truck has the coldest steering wheel in the universe. When I got in at -4 the other morning I thought, "Darn, I hope John did not need to drive anywhere this morning."

Thank you for your concern with this serious matter, Chas.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Late to the party...hope you didn't suffer too much, jon...

Comfort

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 38009 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
It was dark when I woke up this morning.

Clock said it was about the time I usually get up.

But it was dark.

What the heck???
Perhaps your clock ran slow because it has weak batteries? Try giving it a new battery to see if it catches up, might take about six months. Smiler

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12704 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
My United Airlines alerts on my iPhone were an hour off all day yesterday, in the wrong direction. Somebody didn’t program that correctly. Good thing I didn’t believe them. (3:29 boarding but phone said it would be 4:29)

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post