well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s your First World Problem du jour?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your First World Problem du jour?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I left my AirPods in the car and had to sit there with my own thoughts during my dentist appointment.

Oh, the horror.

--------------------------------
If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33801 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
I left my AirPods in the car and had to sit there with my own thoughts during my dentist appointment.

Oh, the horror.

Open a GoF***Yourself.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I’ve got to clean up a whole winters worth of dog poop from the side yard where my black lab has her runner.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17682 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
I just counted, and I have 15 different work related passwords I need to keep track of. The majority of them require regular changing, and have different rules about what qualifies as an acceptable password.

I had to change the password on two of the most frequently used accounts today. I can’t even begin to count the number of times I’ve tried to login using my previous password…

On top of which, as part of the security of working remotely, my VPN access logs itself out about every 10 minutes if I’m not actively using it, and requires two-factor authetication to get backin

i’m sick of passwords…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
There must be some web site that auto-refreshes every five minutes that would solve your problem.

But maybe your benevolent employer's IT department blocks access to those kinds of sites.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
We ran out of plain yellow mustard. I went to the grocery store today. All they had were small bottles of the store brand.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
There must be some web site that auto-refreshes every five minutes that would solve your problem.

But maybe your benevolent employer's IT department blocks access to those kinds of sites.

Yup. I can’t even yell at them because they report to me…

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post