well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s your First World Problem du jour?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s your First World Problem du jour?
 Login/Join

Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
My wife is at an eye appointment, and I've been waiting patiently 15 minutes for someone to refill my coffee cup.

Not looking good.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Vacation to Post
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I finally gave up, and went to get my own coffee. But the ̂%$##@* coffee pot had turned off and the coffee wasn't hot enough.

I think I'll just kill myself now.

Posts: 1534 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I wore my FitBit all day yesterday, but the battery was dead and I DIDN’T GET ANY CREDIT FOR STEPS.

Also, I need the camellias to bloom for a photo shoot, and the hedge is not cooperating.

This is SO HARD.

--------------------------------
http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I'm drinking a canned Coke right now.

Life in the First World has improved.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15522 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
I had no idea there were heated steering wheels. I have been deprived.

Also, my massage therapist mistakenly gave me an extra 15 minutes and then refused to let me pay for it. As a result, I was 15 minutes late for my plans to soak in my hot tub and count crows.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17692 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I got the wrong kind of cheese, and it was ON SALE. So if I return it, I'll have to pay more to replace it with the right kind.

You'd think my store would know, and just not carry anything but my favorite. HOW DARE THEY?

Posts: 35384 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
And the only wine in the house is Chardonnay and we’re having steak for dinner.

Jf

Posts: 17692 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
My 2012 Subaru is still going strong at 270k miles so I have no excuse to get a new car.

Jf

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
My tennis pro set my private lesson this Friday for 6:30 a.m., and he doesn't have a later slot..

That means I have to get up at 5:30 a.m.

And it's my day off of work, so this means I can't even sleep in.

Waaaaaah!

Cindy -- who definitely wins the award for most self-absorbed and obnoxious post

Posts: 19765 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
I wore my FitBit all day yesterday, but the battery was dead and I DIDN’T GET ANY CREDIT FOR STEPS.

Also, I need the camellias to bloom for a photo shoot, and the hedge is not cooperating.

This is SO HARD.

My Fitbit has been recalled! I’m pretty sure that means I burn 0 cal until the new one gets here.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
quote:

This is SO HARD.

My Fitbit has been recalled! I’m pretty sure that means I burn 0 cal until the new one gets here.

Recalled? Which one do you have, and what’s wrong with it?

I’m peeved that we can’t “correct” the number of steps on the FitBit.

Posts: 9809 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is SO HARD.

I have the ionic. Apparently, there been a number of instances of the battery going crazy and giving people third-degree burns. Which, I admit would be annoying.

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is SO HARD.

I have the ionic. Apparently, there been a number of instances of the battery going crazy and giving people third-degree burns. Which, I admit would be annoying.

No pain, no gain!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
My 2012 Subaru is still going strong at 270k miles so I have no excuse to get a new car.

Jf

“I want a heated steering wheel” is as good an excuse as any.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33805 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Big John
posted Hide Post
I had a nail in a tire that couldn't be fixed and I didn't want a mismatched set so I bought four new tires. I bought the generic brand to save money!

Another day in Paradise.

Posts: 3902 | Registered: 14 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post