well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Should WTF move to a different site/platform?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 11

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should WTF move to a different site/platform?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
wtg, who collected the money and paid the bill the last time it was paid?

Matt? If so, he's hardly abandoned his interest in this site.

He's the sole remaining administrator and has fulfilled his role since the beginning is my understanding.

Posts: 25196 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
wtg, you really don't have any right to make an executive decision for the group. Sorry.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Daniel, you must have missed my last post; it's at the end of the previous page. Here it is:

quote:
Daniel, please feel free to contact Matt about any concerns you have. I am also interested in getting his input. Please pass along anything you might learn.

Thanks.

--------------------------------
When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38206 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Daniel, first of all, no decision has been made.

Also, I reached out to Matt numerous times in the past when there were problems with this site, and he never responded.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18852 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Where’s this other site? I missed it.

I would like us to reach consensus, and I very much hope we don’t lose Daniel or anyone else.

Posts: 19829 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Here's the site:

https://wtf.coffee-room.com/ca...2/general-discussion

Cindy, I checked and you created a login over there a couple of years ago when the site was originally set up. You're in distinguished company; a number of people set up accounts there but it's been so long they've forgotten about it.

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38206 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
TNCR has been on NodeBB for a couple years now. Pretty stable, but someone has to be the admin.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13643 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
wtg, you really don't have any right to make an executive decision for the group. Sorry.

I don't expect that she has any intention of doing that, and I don't believe you have any reason to believe she is doing that.

If wtg had wanted to push us off to a different site, she's had years to do so. What's more, she isn't the one who brought it up now.

As I said earlier, I don't believe the moderators are seeking to make a decision for the group, and I would oppose any attempt by my fellow moderators to do so.

That said, I am opposed to a poll, for the reasons I stated earlier.

I doubt that a strong majority will agree to move. Absent agreement by a strong majority, I don't see us moving.

I don't think I can be any clearer that that.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
"Yes, I think we need some time to let people check in. There isn't any particular rush; we could give it a week or two. I'd set up a PM and alert anyone who posts semi-regularly, but half of them wouldn't get an email notification about a new PM. That's no joke.

You can just change the title of this thread. There's already a lot of information here." --wtg

Quirt, on the contrary. Here is wtg's post that proves my point. Add to which, I or anyone else would have missed this post if not reading WTF on the day it was posted.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Daniel, I don’t think I can convince you otherwise, but this discussion evolved in a very organic way, there was no pre-set agenda, so please let’s not make this a personal battle.

I have been frustrated with the problems on this site for a long time, but I had totally forgotten about the back-up site. Now that I’ve tried using it, it’s sooo much nicer, it’s hard not to want to encourage people to give it a try.

Posts: 18852 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
I haven't weighed in on this, but for me this platform has been remarkably stable for almost 20 years. The missing icons really don't bother me. I've figured out how to hover. Not sure what other issues exist.

The one thing I will share about NodeBB is you can post images directly from your device. No need to create a link.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13643 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
A) Moving would tend to thin the number of members. I said this myself. I have no doubt about it.

B) The proposed site isn't solid color blocks. It has a whole bunch of glaring white included large spaces between the threads. It would be much harder to read and much less pleasant to see.

C. I don't think it would 'fix' anything. Yes, I manage by simply switching between two browsers. I can tell you having spent days setting up a Motorola phone after years of using a Google phone that devices, connections, and the internet are in fact complex and wonky, and changing almost by the day with endless system(s) updates.Editing please don't reply until I indicate I've finished

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Edit under B)

B2) The linked platform is not single spaced. I think that this fact would drive me, writers, and people in general up a wall in time. I think the format would hinder posting anything easily and especially anything in depth.

My objection remain as copied here.

Also, wtg has been cryptic about Matt's status as administrator. I think the moderators should be transparent and tell us who is administrating WTF.

SK, I think you feel that because I feel strongly about this topic that I'm "making it personal" as you have said as much.

No. It's only personal for me in that I'm expressing my personal opinion.

And, I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion, but I stand behind my recent recent post to Quirt.

I think that it's good Ax created a back up site.

I didn't accuse you of having a predetermined agenda.

I probably would have said that if I thought so.

Finally, I have nothing against you encouraging people to switch platforms. I'm doing the opposite. Same difference.

I'm done editing. Thanks for your patience.

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
SK, I think you feel that because I feel strongly about this topic that I'm "making it personal" as you have said as much.

I thought you were accusing me or WTG of something, I apologize since it seems I misunderstood.

quote:
I have nothing against you encouraging people to switch platforms. I'm doing the opposite. Same difference.

Good, then I think we can continue having a regular discussion about things. Smiler

As for Matt's status, I can only speak for myself, but from my perspective, it's clear that he's been MIA on this site for a very, very long time.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I have registered at the back-up site and intend to use it whenever I start a topic. As someone who had to have extraordinary assistance to return to this site after an extended absence due to injury and illness, I am well aware of some of the major deficiencies here.

I don't think there is any concerted effort to compel a migration to the back-up site. I suspect the advantages it seems to offer will lead to migration on its own merits. The bees find the flowers with the nectar.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7466 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post