well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Should WTF move to a different site/platform?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Should WTF move to a different site/platform?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think we need some time to let people check in. There isn't any particular rush; we could give it a week or two. I'd set up a PM and alert anyone who posts semi-regularly, but half of them wouldn't get an email notification about a new PM. That's no joke.

You can just change the title of this thread. There's already a lot of information here.

--------------------------------
When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can just change the title of this thread.

Yep, lemme just switch devices first...

(truly, that is a big pita.)

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

I'd would have normally used the ROFLMAO emoticon, but I can't see it to post it. : Wink

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Ax, are we up to date on software over there and ready to make a move if we choose to do so?

Yes, it's up to date at https://wtf.coffee-room.com

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12730 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I just posted a little test. I totally forgot I had made an account. (my memory...)

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Yes

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25843 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Here's another reason to move to the new site: I can't change my avatar here, but I just changed it at the new site.

-_-

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh good grief! This site is so messed up!

So, I evidently did succeed at changing my avatar, but it wouldn’t show me that in my Firefox browser so I didn't think it worked. Now I’m on my iPad and look, there’s my new avatar.

ROTFLMAO

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
I’m agnostic. Will go wherever we go.

Posts: 19829 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
I’m fine either way. Just found my avatar and uploaded it over there.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9850 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I have not had any issues here. But I’m using safari and my iPad.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20525 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
My sense is that it's the operating system/platform you're on. At least as far as the missing reply/edit/report icons and messed up emoticons. The other problems with PMs and other notifications generated by the BB software span all platforms. It's a problem in their system.

I use my Windows-based laptop 90 percent of the time and my iPad the rest of the time. The problems crop up no matter what browser I use on Windows 10. I mostly use Brave, but the problem is also there in Chrome and Firefox.

I have no problems when I use the same browsers on my iPad, which is running the current version of iOS.

Brave running on my Android phone is fine. But I almost never use my phone for WTF because there is no separate mobile interface there and everything is crammed into a tiny screen. Unreadable. The backup site software has a mobile interface, which may be of interest to those who post from their phones a lot.

The problems with no email alerts for PMs, password reset issues, and the flashing New PM! icon are problems with the forum software and cannot be circumvented.

Question for y'all...

Are you guys getting email alerts when you have a PM?

Does the New PM! alert work correctly for you? That is, does it flash when you have a new PM and turn off after you've read all of your PMs?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I will go wherever the group decides to go.

I will add two things:

I've had incredible difficulty with a functionality that hasn't been mentioned: password change. For whatever reason, I can only access WTF on an "old" computer and an old iPad. No new device works. I have tried to change the password to get around that problem (multiple times!), and I never get the email with the link to change the password. So I limp along.

Second, we have had the discussion several times about changing platforms, and it's always been decided that we should not do so. I'd be up for it, but the group has leaned otherwise, so I have gone along.

Posts: 45838 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
WTG, the PM functionality only works for me sometimes, and it seems totally random. Sometimes I get an email alert.... sometimes I can get an email alert several days later. Sometimes I get the flashing thing at the top, sometimes I don't.

I've been poking around the site Ax made since yesterday and although I started out sort like "stay or go, either is fine," now I feel like, yes, let's move WTF over there!

Reading Quirt's post makes me think that even more!

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
I’m agnostic. Will go wherever we go.

Same here

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17715 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post