well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    April 8 - save the date
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April 8 - save the date
 Login/Join

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
Erie, PA is due north of us, about 1-1/2 hours away, and smack in the middle of the path of totality. Cleveland is not too much further. I really hope to see this one; I'll be 98 when the next one comes to North America.

I was in Savannah, GA for the last North American solar eclipse (also my youngest son's wedding). It was a partial eclipse there.

Big Al

Ya’ll should come visit us, Al. We’re in the path and will be hosting a backyard thing.

Two dogs, no waiting!

I'll definitely keep that in mind, Steve. It depends on my wife's condition. She's been the designated driver in our family since my knee problems began, but she had a knee replacement in January and is not yet allowed to drive.

Big Al

--------------------------------
Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7396 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Why this eclipse is extra special.

https://www.sciencenews.org/ar...science-viewing-2024

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37848 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Enter your zip code for eclipse details

https://www.usatoday.com/story...ive-map/72747827007/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37848 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
From Texas to Brazil, a 105-year-old eclipse chaser from Fort Worth has witnessed 12 solar eclipses in his life and he's ready to watch his 13th on April 8.

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/...placement=newsletter

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Planning to be in totality? May want to double check the totality map, which has changed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...ned/?sh=558a95163f66

Adding this link, which explains why the map changed:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...ong/?sh=bef7b3e43d7d

Bazootiehead-in-training

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Oh wow, that's really interesting!

But... more to the point, in many places along the path, it might rain! Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18388 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Just checked the new map. That little red box is my house.

I will be either staying at school which will have totality for about 1:55 or at my mom’s house which has 2:12.

(I set the image to auto delete after a week so if it’s not there that’s why!).

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4090 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
I just really hope it’s not raining or cloudy!!!

Posts: 18388 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
We will be able to see a partial eclipse here in NYC. Again, depending on cloud cover.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13798 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Cloud cover is the big question. The forecast seems to change every few hours!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34881 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The forecast seems to change every few hours!

Yep. That’s exactly what we’re seeing.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Weather may be okay here during the eclipse. We’ll only be at 92 percent, but still should be interesting.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Good grief. The locals have decided that the eclipse will be the zombie apocalypse!

Stay off the roads. Hoard food and water. Cell phones won’t work. Store shelves will be empty.

These people are stupid. If any of this happens I’ll let you know.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34881 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
It's true. When we were in the path of totality we were overrun by zombies and we all got cooties. Will be sending thoughts and prayers to everyone.

Posts: 35371 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Good grief. The locals have decided that the eclipse will be the zombie apocalypse!

Stay off the roads. Hoard food and water. Cell phones won’t work. Store shelves will be empty.

And it's all Joe Biden's fault!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13798 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post