well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    April 8 - save the date
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

April 8 - save the date
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Nina, nothing worse than cooties! Big Grin

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18795 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
My employer (keep in mind that I work for a school board!) sent out a health and safety message advising that everyone stay inside with window coverings drawn to avoid eye damage. Roll Eyes

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4103 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Sadly not North enough in Maine for a good view so we decided to skip it rather than find glasses and travel North with all the Massholes, excuse me I mean people from Massachusetts.

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17714 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
NASA livestream tomorrow.

https://science.nasa.gov/eclip...s/eclipse-2024/live/

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38174 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
We should have 99.9% totality at my house. May drive a couple miles northwest for 100.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13620 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yesterday we saw several people stringing caution tape across the front of their property to keep the invading horde from parking on their lawns.

Good grief.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35077 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Axtremus
posted Hide Post
When to watch the eclipse, by ZIP code:

https://www.univision.com/espe...lipse-solar-2024-en/

www.PianoRecital.org -- my piano recordings -- China Tune album

Posts: 12720 | Registered: 01 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
It's started! Can see a little crescent missing at 5 o'clock on the sun...

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38174 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
The bats are out in Arkansas....

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We just passed our max...around 94%...temps dropped and it got eerily quiet..the shadows from my tree on the driveway are scalloped....

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Went out and saw our 90%. It’s amazing, the sun is so powerful that it didn’t dim the surroundings much at all. Like 5:30 pm sun instead of 3:30.

It was awesome to have the privilege of seeing the eclipse.

They showed pictures on TV of downtown Buffalo at totality. It was total darkness!

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13872 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
wtg, The batties are always out in Arkansas.

Saw the 75% in Tucson. Had to scuttle the business trip to Missouri.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25800 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
The clouds stayed away and we had totality. It was absolutely amazing. Completely different from the 80% experience I had back in 2017. The moment when you hit totality is just incredible. So glad I was able to witness it!

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4103 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Yesterday we saw several people stringing caution tape across the front of their property to keep the invading horde from parking on their lawns.

Someone called in to a radio show here in Chicago. The woman's son lives in southern Illinois in the path of totality. Apparently people have been ringing the doorbell for days, asking if they can rent a room, or park their camper on his property. The guy finally stopped answering the door.

Big Grin

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Well that was really cool. During the short window of totality it got so dark the streetlights came on! Temp dropped 10 degrees and it got really quiet.

The weather was just perfect - no clouds and 70 degrees! We all sat around eating tacos in the back yard while it was going on.

Big fun!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35077 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post