well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s going to be the biggest **** show today?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s going to be the biggest **** show today?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Newly sworn-in Republican U.S. Rep. Mary Miller was under intense criticism from fellow lawmakers and others on Wednesday over comments she made during a speech in Washington, D.C., in which she invoked Adolf Hitler.

Miller’s voice was captured on video on Tuesday making the remarks, which were rebuked by Republicans and Democrats on social media Wednesday. A Miller spokeswoman confirmed she made the remarks.

“If we win a few elections, we’re still going to be losing unless we win the hearts and minds of our children. This is the battle. Hitler was right on one thing. He said, ‘Whoever has the youth has the future,’” Miller can be heard saying in a clip that was circulated on Twitter.

https://www.chicagotribune.com...ef7lpmlgm-story.html

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
Alyssa Farah, who resigned last month from her post as the White House communications director, tweeted a more direct message at the president’s supporters.

“Dear MAGA- I am one of you. Before I worked for @realDonaldTrump, I worked for @MarkMeadows & @Jim_Jordan & the @freedomcaucus,” she said, establishing her conservative bona fides. “I marched in the 2010 Tea Party rallies. I campaigned w/ Trump & voted for him. But I need you to hear me: the Election was NOT stolen. We lost.”

I LIKE this! ThumbsUp

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Why are people whining about this?

She’s right.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Mitt's on fire.

quote:
“Today is heartbreaking. And I’m shaken to the core.”

quote:
“We gather due to a selfish man’s injured pride,” Romney says, the first Republican attack on Trump, I believe.

quote:
Senator Romney tells his colleagues pushing for an audit of results, “No congressional audit is ever going to convince these voters.” He says that the way to assuage Trump’s supporters is “by telling them the truth.” The truth is, he says, Biden won the election.

quote:
As Mitt Romney receives applause in the chamber, the White House sends out the president’s official schedule for Thursday:

“President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings.”

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Jeez, just ending work now. The answer to the question posed in the thread title? I had no freaking idea. I had a failure of the imagination.

Holy carp.

I should be happy that the senate is having a come to jesus moment regarding their objections to the vote but honestly, I just want to scream at them as they clutch their pearls.

Posts: 35378 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Clint Eastwood had a line for this situation ...

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
You're welcome.

Wink

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Hey Mitt!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Your prize is DJT.

Enough of this “principled republican” ********. You can be one or the other.

But not both.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Jesus.

I started the day telling OS to make sure she sheltered in place because I didn’t want some MAGA using her to start a race war.

Was this foreseeable? Well, I didn’t see it coming. There have been several Trump marches, and none stormed the Capitol or anything else. What changed is that Trump told them to go to the Capitol. I’m not surprised that the capital police rolled over. There would have been more bloodshed had they started killing people.

I wish Twitter hadn’t suspended Trump. I follow him, which is the only way to know what he is up to. God only knows what he is plotting now.

That worries me quite a lot.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I certainly saw it coming, and I’m surprised they didn’t bring rocket launchers. I’m not surprised that no one could be arsed to do anything about it.

I don’t expect much more from the future. This is us.