well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    What’s going to be the biggest **** show today?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What’s going to be the biggest **** show today?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
McConnell edit: and Schumer are going to be speaking on the Senate floor at 8pm ET

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Some Twitter thoughts ...

from family experience

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Yeah, if I'm that cop's supervisor, that individual would be out of work tomorrow.

Posts: 12539 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Along with the cop's supervisor and all the way up the chain to the top guy.

The Capitol Police did not exactly cover themselves with glory today. VeryAngry

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Editorial in the Kansas City Star.

quote:
Assault on democracy: Sen. Josh Hawley has blood on his hands in Capitol coup attempt

No one other than President Donald Trump himself is more responsible for Wednesday’s coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol than one Joshua David Hawley, the 41-year-old junior senator from Missouri, who put out a fundraising appeal while the siege was underway.

This, Sen. Hawley, is what law-breaking and destruction look like. This is what mobs do. This is not a protest, but a riot. One woman was shot and has died, The Washington Post reported, while lawmakers were sheltering in place.

No longer can it be asked, as George Will did recently of Hawley, “Has there ever been such a high ratio of ambition to accomplishment?” Hawley’s actions in the last week had such impact that he deserves an impressive share of the blame for the blood that’s been shed.

Hawley was first to say that he would oppose the certification of Joe Biden’s Electoral College win. That action, motivated by ambition, set off much that followed — the rush of his fellow presidential aspirant Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and other members of the Sedition Caucus to put a show of loyalty to the president above all else.

After mayhem broke out, Hawley put out this uncharacteristically brief statement: “Thank you to the brave law enforcement officials who have put their lives on the line. The violence must end, those who attacked police and broke the law must be prosecuted, and Congress must get back to work and finish its job.” So modest, Senator, failing to note your key role in inspiring one of the most heartbreaking days in modern American history. We lost something precious on Wednesday, as condolence notes to our democracy from our friends around the world recognize.

the rest is here:

https://www.kansascity.com/opi...rticle248317375.html

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37940 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Pence just read a statement which ended with

"Let's get back to work"

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
GOP governor of Vermont:

quote:
Governor Phil Scott today issued the following statement:

“This is a very disturbing time for our nation. What we are seeing today at the U.S. Capitol is not a peaceful protest – it is an unacceptable attack on our democracy.

“The rioters have actively assaulted police officers, and they should immediately evacuate the Capitol building or be removed.

“Make no mistake, the President of the United States is responsible for this event.

“President Trump has orchestrated a campaign to cause an insurrection that overturns the results of a free, fair and legal election.

“The fact is the results of this election have been validated by Republican governors, conservative judges and non-partisan election officials across the country. There is no doubt that the President’s delusion, fabrication, self-interest, and ego have led us – step by step – to this very low, and very dangerous, moment in American history.

“The fabric of our democracy and the principles of our republic are under attack by the President.

“Enough is enough.

“President Trump should resign or be removed from office by his Cabinet, or by the Congress.”

https://vermontbiz.com/news/20...-blaming-trump-riots

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Watching.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CHAS:
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Says it all to me.

In other words, I believe the authorities could have prevented this. The fact they didn't reminds me of what happened in Michigan.

I haven't followed this closely and could change my mind. But it's not likely.

My 2 cents.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
This day will live in infamy.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20461 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
GOP governor of Vermont:

quote:
Governor Phil Scott today issued the following statement:

“This is a very disturbing time for our nation. What we are seeing today at the U.S. Capitol is not a peaceful protest – it is an unacceptable attack on our democracy.

“The rioters have actively assaulted police officers, and they should immediately evacuate the Capitol building or be removed.

“Make no mistake, the President of the United States is responsible for this event.

“President Trump has orchestrated a campaign to cause an insurrection that overturns the results of a free, fair and legal election.

“The fact is the results of this election have been validated by Republican governors, conservative judges and non-partisan election officials across the country. There is no doubt that the President’s delusion, fabrication, self-interest, and ego have led us – step by step – to this very low, and very dangerous, moment in American history.

“The fabric of our democracy and the principles of our republic are under attack by the President.

“Enough is enough.

“President Trump should resign or be removed from office by his Cabinet, or by the Congress.”

https://vermontbiz.com/news/20...-blaming-trump-riots

They should have been removed. WTF.

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Stephanie Grisham, the former White House communications director and press secretary and current chief of staff for first lady Melania Trump, submitted her resignation Wednesday afternoon, effective immediately, in the wake of the violent protests, a White House official says.

Grisham was one of the longest-serving Trump administration officials, having begun her tenure working for then-candidate Donald Trump in 2015 as a press wrangler on the campaign trail. Grisham entered the White House as deputy press secretary under Sean Spicer, but in March 2017, Melania Trump hired her for her East Wing staff. As East Wing communications director, Grisham quickly became the first lady's most prominent staffer, acting as defender, enforcer and, often, protector.
Grisham declined a CNN request for comment. The first lady's office did not immediately respond to CNN's request for comment.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/06...se-resign/index.html

Not a particularly important person, but it's symbolic that the last remaining rats are jumping ship.

When cornered, he takes it to the next level.

What will he do when he finds himself standing alone without any adoring crowds?

This is a more than a bit frightening.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
You left out "MAGAt vermin against the police."

I believe I called it.

No kidding!

Maybe 'Magat vermin against America' should have been on the list.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15513 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alyssa Farah, who resigned last month from her post as the White House communications director, tweeted a more direct message at the president’s supporters.

“Dear MAGA- I am one of you. Before I worked for @realDonaldTrump, I worked for @MarkMeadows & @Jim_Jordan & the @freedomcaucus,” she said, establishing her conservative bona fides. “I marched in the 2010 Tea Party rallies. I campaigned w/ Trump & voted for him. But I need you to hear me: the Election was NOT stolen. We lost.”

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Hawley's not giving up and brought up Pennsylvania again.

Bob Casey is rebutting Hawley....

Bazootiehead-in-training