well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Zorba like!

--------------------------------
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Rod does fantastic work!

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Row over Chopin's Majorcan residence solved by piano
It has emerged that the piano claimed by a museum to be used by the composer while he stayed in an old monastic cell on the island could never have been played by the maestro as it was in fact manufactured after his death.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...solved-by-piano.html

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
Row over Chopin's Majorcan residence solved by piano
It has emerged that the piano claimed by a museum to be used by the composer while he stayed in an old monastic cell on the island could never have been played by the maestro as it was in fact manufactured after his death.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/new...solved-by-piano.html

Glad to see that bit settled. I looked at pics of that one about ten years ago and thought, "No. 1850, maybe."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
I think this actually belongs in that gaudy house in Houston. From the Portal of Evil Random Images Generator, which, sadly, departed the Interwebs about six days ago. Which positively gives me the vapors. Whatever will I do without my random view into the World of Bad Taste?

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChickGrand:
I think this actually belongs in that gaudy house in Houston. From the Portal of Evil Random Images Generator, which, sadly, departed the Interwebs about six days ago. Which positively gives me the vapors. Whatever will I do without my random view into the World of Bad Taste?

Wow! I've never seen a modern vertical with that kind of detail! CG, I think I miss your Random Evil Image Generator as much as you do.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Looks like the piano room is outside

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
"Everett Street Tunes"
The city purchased 8 pianos and commissioned local artists to paint them.
They have been place around the Downtown for anyone to play.

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChickGrand:

That gal needs a lower back tattoo!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
These last few make me feel considerably less embarassed about only being able to play barefooted.

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Okay, it's official. Brian is AWOL. It's been three days, after all...

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
"Everett Street Tunes"

AHA! Piano Keys!!! Yes

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post