well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Hallet, Davis and Company - Boston, 1876 - Ebonized cherry, spruce, ash, bird's eye maple, ivory, ebony, and various metals
Created for the 1876 Centennial International Exhibition in Philadelphia, this piano was intended to impress the critics. One described it as “the most elaborately constructed instrument of its kind in the exhibition.” Pianos such as this were valued more as expressions of wealth and symbols of sophisticated artistic taste than for their tonal quality.
http://www.high.org/Art/Perman...983.197&pageNumber=4

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of susan dorris
posted Hide Post
Brian, I have to ask. Where do you find all these photos of wild and wonderful pianos? There's a new one almost every day.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
Hallet, Davis and Company - Boston, 1876 - Ebonized cherry, spruce, ash, bird's eye maple, ivory, ebony, and various metals
Created for the 1876 Centennial International Exhibition in Philadelphia, this piano was intended to impress the critics. One described it as “the most elaborately constructed instrument of its kind in the exhibition.” Pianos such as this were valued more as expressions of wealth and symbols of sophisticated artistic taste than for their tonal quality.
http://www.high.org/Art/Perman...983.197&pageNumber=4

Zorba LIKE!

Even if it *is* black...

--------------------------------
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Hi Susan - thanks so much for the feedback. The simple answer is - just hours of searches on Google! And thinking up numerous keywords to search by and see what comes up, then looking through pages of google results under "images" as soon as one of the images looks interesting, I tab it out for further checking. Also, some of these pics are reposts from a while ago, I save out the pages here each time they get full so I have a record on my computer of everything posted, although just recently I lapsed and some links are now down. IF you google my name and then piano, it will return many posts mostly from this website and so you have quick access to the whole collection. The pity is that the links sometimes become obsolete so the record becomes lost. I have one regret - given that there are many people who look here and given that there are many piano people all around the world who have amazing connections with all things piano - pity there are not a great number of people posting here as there is much more out there than I know... Also I try to go to some effort and time to link and present some story, this can sometimes take a while searching but I think the result is much more meaningful than a silent parade of photos. I would very much like to travel and see the pianos and related art of the world and publish a definitive book, I need a sponsor!

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Haessler by von Janko (200cm) Only 60.000€
A custom ordered Haessler with a Janko keyboard constructed by Blüthner

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Our googling eyes would be far less fulfilled without you, Brian!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Its nice to see the Janko making somewhat of a comeback.

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Vandervoort Keyboard: A Report from the Inventor
Accounts of his projects have appeared in the Musical Six-Six Newsletter [Box 207, Purdin, MO 64674]. am 8-page quarterly in English and Esperanto which is devoted to keyboard design reform.
http://www.daskin.com/page5/page5.html

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Artur Cimirro and the Stuart & Sons piano - A First Hand Experience While Artur was in Australia recording on the Stuart PianoI invited him over the ditch to New Zealand where he gave a number of recitals...
The Stuart pianos are not just about the range of keys but, so the expressiveness, the huge FFFFFF to the softest PPPPPP Which can be heard clearly in the end of the biggest concert hall you may have.
http://pianoinforum.blogspot.c...uart-sons-piano.html

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
From Stuart to old white upright...

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Make ornaments, cover boxes with OLD music

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Grand piano sculpture in Petah Tikva Israel

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zorba:
Zorba LIKE!

Me too! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Metallic piano in spa park in Kudowa-Zdrój, south Poland

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post