well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Jerry Lee Lewis in Maine 1958. He later stood on the piano!

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago I was having a maragrita at the bar at Binion's in Las Vegas and looked up and this was the ceiling:

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Famed Pianist Aims to get Young People Stoked on Classical Music
http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/content/view/34713/

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
This kid has the right idea - but he really needs to lose the silly jacket. At least he isn't wearing a necktie!

-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
What!? Not even this...

or this?....

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
I don't usually post in this thread, though I often look at the really cool pics the regular posters have found.

I'd like to contribute this Dale Chihuly work:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Wow, orange naturals and yellow sharps. I don;t think I could lay my hands on it.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
I found a little more info about the piano, take a read!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07334/837912-42.stm

http://funfurde.blogspot.com/2...e-chihuly-piano.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Chihuly

"having played the chihuly piano when it was on display in salt lake, the piano is beautifully made, and the lid has an exquisite glass inlay "

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Donna Bath
"En hommage a Dale Chihuly" 7.5" x 14" x 10.5"

"When this artcase piano was on tour, I attended a recital on it at the St. Petersburg Museum of Art. It was no surprise that the performing artist performed the entire recital with her eyes shut! Dale Chihuly is noted for his extraordinary glass creations and the lid of this 9' Steinway Concert Grand was actually stained glass with cut-outs on the bottom side of the lid so light would show throught when the lid was up."

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Miles & Monk In The Sky – Jazz Legends Autographed Piano Art Piece
read the story here:
http://analogburners.com/analo...hed-piano-art-piece/

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
I've never seen tuning pins at an angle like this one!

Weinstein pianos were made in the Philipines. The slanted pinblock model was marketed as a piano that would need less tunings! Other models have 2 steel strings for the tenor section.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
How was it to tune, Ron?

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Incognito
Beatification Candidate
Picture of ChickGrand
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
How was it to tune, Ron?

Wondering the same. Looks like that angle would offer some advantage for turning the hammer.

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." -- Albert Einstein

Posts: 6631 | Location: Milky Way Galaxy | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Ach, wasn't me - someone else on the PTG list! He said that there were the expecting string rendering issues, but didn't mind the angle. I think it would be hard for me - I don't like to tune with an unsupported arm. The little Zwicki upright that I tune is another step from this one - the pins point straight up! I lube the strings where they go over the plate every year or so to help the strings render.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7556 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Piano bar:

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37933 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post