well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Soundboard    Piano picture of the day
Page 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 ... 299
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Piano picture of the day
 Login/Join

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Lovely 1890 Schwechten

Truly one of a kind and a work of art with fine marquetry of floral patterns and portraits of famous composers. You cannot find a better made, playing or sounding piano from any time. This company specialized in the highest quality for wealthy clients.

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
The Glen Eyrie Castle

The Piano: Boardman & Gray Square

Closeup Pic: http://farm4.static.flickr.com...658_1cf03e9ba5_o.jpg

Posts: 986 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 15 March 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Piano Box

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Corner Piano at Gu Lang Yu Island Piano Museum

"The Veiled Male"
Gadfly
Picture of Zorba
posted Hide Post
Ok, so how do you play it?

I'd love to see the guts - but I'm assuming its a stage prop?

--------------------------------
-Zorba
"The Veiled Male"
http://www.doubleveil.net
1918 Hobart M. Cable
"No-one would knowingly provide Franz Liszt with a mediocre piano." -E. M. Good

Posts: 4568 | Location: Monterey, Ca | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zorba:
Ok, so how do you play it?
I'd love to see the guts - but I'm assuming its a stage prop?

Not sure... but it looks old. Your comments would, however, apply to this:

The piano that was used in the Alicia Keys Target spot: www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KbIjWfPLkU

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Can't find any specifics about that corner piano, but it's part of the Gulangyu Piano Museum, claimed to be the largest piano museum in Asia.

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Description=Seguin in the Steinway? (It's a Baldwin, actually)

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Singing Dingo
hell, that was soooo funny. This dingo actually howls when someone is playing the piano and he does it LOUD AND PERSISTENT! The poor girl is even normally easily scared but she did a good job. You find him south of Alice Springs in the last roadhouse on the Stuart Highway before you reach the city.

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Musical Reflections

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Untitled piece for 300 speakers, Pianola and vacuum cleaner
Beaconsfield Gallery 1, London, 2009 (Photo by Steve Ibb)

Actually I can't see the piano, but one supposes that it is buried amongst the speakers:-)

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Austrian composer simulates speech using... A piano
The “Speaking Piano” has been programmed to recite The Proclamation of the European Environmental Criminal Court World Venice Forum 2009, for all to hear. Artist/composer Peter Ablinger transcoded the voice of an elementary student into data that could then be interpreted by a computer and mapped to servos that play the piano keys.

Watch the amazing video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muCPjK4nGY4

rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Piano Mannequin
Our house is a haven of kooky creativity. For example, here is our piano, in our living room. - painted and dressed as part of a performance art piece called “Harvest Goddess” - Today this reclining mannequin protects that Oscar that you see by her left elbow...

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brian Becroft:
Corner Piano at Gu Lang Yu Island Piano Museum

I think that one would give me nightmares. Claustrophobia?

--------------------------------
“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13887 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
rachmad
Never Offline
posted Hide Post
Another alternative perhaps? - Still giddy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKXy1FPTdvg