well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Kathy, nice to "see" you! You've been scarce lately...

Smiler You are so sweet. It's kinda been dull around here. I've been swamped with animals, colds and getting ready for winter. Did you and AL have a nice time? I'm bettin' you did.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
quote:
Originally posted by AdagioM:
Kathy, nice to "see" you! You've been scarce lately...

Smiler You are so sweet. It's kinda been dull around here. I've been swamped with animals, colds and getting ready for winter. Did you and AL have a nice time? I'm bettin' you did.

Great time. Small gathering, but fun. And we ate like kings all weekend, and I didn't gain any weight (saying that so I'm still on topic!).

The new puppies are fun! And the grande dame is ever so regal.

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
I asked thefishdude and/or my tech today if they could fix the squeak in my piano bench. Tech sat down and wiggled around. No squeak. I said, "I think you have to weigh more." Sat down. Big squeak.

Pass the celery.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rustyfingers:
I asked thefishdude and/or my tech today if they could fix the squeak in my piano bench. Tech sat down and wiggled around. No squeak. I said, "I think you have to weigh more." Sat down. Big squeak.

Pass the celery.

Did you hit him? I think I might have!

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Nah, she's way too nice to hit.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Oh man. I'm so bummed. Got on the scale yesterday, up to !^#. Big Grin I've gained back about half the weight I'd lost for my August reunion. *sigh*

I leased that funky body bugg thing I did last spring - the one that told me how many calories I burn each day. I managed to lose the most weight the month I wore it, and I'm hoping I can at least get 7 or 8 pounds off by the end of the year, but maybe about 15 pounds total (Fat chance with all these stupid holiday parties... Frowner )

I'm stealing Plays weight ticker idea. I think it's cute. Here's mine:

Posts: 20467 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Here we go again -

Day 1 - 100#

Goal is at least down to 85#.

Worked my butt off today fixing fences I better lose a pound today. Tomorrow we are bicycling.

Day 2 - 99# - biked about 20 miles

Day 5 - 98#

97#

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
I'm sad that there's no one posting here. I only need to lose 10 lbs, but I need to lose it!

Come play!

Posts: 4098 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I'm here - I'm actually at 85# at last count.

You know how this works, right, Dol?

You weigh in at 100 as your base. Then for each pound you lose you take it off 100. That way no one has to reveal their actual weight.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Is anybody still playing? I'm working on losing some weight. Finally.

Gadfly
Picture of susan dorris
posted Hide Post
I should be. I'll start now.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Great! My sister turned me onto this site called loseit.com. We've been logging in our food and exercise. I have a bunch to lose, so Cindy's scale doesn't work for me, but so far I've lost 9% of my body weight. Doctor's orders. A bazillion to go.

Luckily my husband is playing too--he's lost 30 lb so far. It's nice to have company.

Gadfly
Picture of susan dorris
posted Hide Post
Good for you, rf. I have lost the few pounds that crept in while I wasn't paying attention. And of course I had only gained three pounds instead of the feared twenty. I'm hoping the loseit website will help me keep on track. I am getting a lot more exercise now that it is gardening season. It has been a wet spring here so the weeds are fierce and everything is growing like crazy. I've spent six or eight hours a day out in the garden, and am also restoring some long-neglected flower beds in another location. It keeps me from piecing from the refrigerator as well. If I manage to keep it up, I should be down to my ideal weight (whatever that is) before the end of the year. I have not been anywhere near my ideal weight since childhood,and I'm looking forward to the experience. Thanks for the inspiration!

Posts: 4843 | Location: Saint Louis, MO | Registered: 21 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
That's great news Susan. I guess it gets harder as you get closer to "ideal weight".

I'm taking one goal at a time, though I admit I fantasize about when I could get back to normal.

My sister stopped logging on loseit because she is laid up with an injury. Let me know if you want to friend me there for support.

I'm sure you can keep it up. All I can really do for exercise at this point is walk, but at least I'm doing it regularly, and I'm really enjoying long walks.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Still on the decline. Big Grin

Interesting tool here: a mathematical model of weight loss. The creator says that it's a fallacy that all you need to do is cut out 3500 calories to lose a pound because the body holds onto fat. It takes three years, he says, to "reset" your body to a lower weight.

Tool: http://bwsimulator.niddk.nih.gov/
Article: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05...y.html?smid=fb-share

Another interesting site is the National Weight Control Registry. Researchers are studying people who are able to keep weight off. To qualify to be in the registry, you have to have lost at least 30 lbs and kept it off for at least a year.
http://www.nwcr.ws/