well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    The WTF Losers
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 53
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The WTF Losers
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
Who, in the name of all that is holy, glazed or sprinkled, thought it was a good idea to bump this thread?

Doug - Who is not currently weighing himself...

Posts: 10335 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
88 this morning - 12 lbs off of last year's average. Admittedly, it came after a 15 mile run which was on top of a 22 mile run last Saturday - but still!

Posts: 9598 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Holding my own at at 76. I never I thought it was possible, and it's been nearly a year now, and I'm fully entrenched in my new habits, so I think I'm beyond yoyo-ing. I'm even thinking I could go another 5 by ramping up the Step Class.

Schwarzbein rocks! JF just commented today at my ridiculously large breakfast. It's also given me the excuse need to replace virtually my whole wardrobe.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
76 the morning I left for my reunion. 78 this morning. Big Grin (my 100 mark was 174 at the beginning of the year - about 8 pounds MORE than when we started this thread!)

I originally was going for 74, but am thinking now I'd like it to be a few more than that. There are some before/after pics in klurr's how to lose weight thread.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20485 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Isn't it funny how you keep resetting your goals once they've been met. The source of my discontent are some of the women in my step class.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Ditto. There are a couple of women at the gym who have excellent muscle definition. Mr. Jodi and I are pretty sure that one of them has had breast implants. I don't want those, but I do want a nice line separating my triceps from my deltoids. And I'm sick of the underarm fat - that stuff that blubbers out of the top of my sports bra. I need to lose a bit more for that to happen. Doesn't help that Mr. Jodi bought a dozen KRISPY KREMES on the way home from his fishing trip last night. I ATE TWO!!!

Big Grin Jodi

Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
Haven't been active here for a while. I was about 50-70 lbs overweight, based on the BMI charts. Lost about 11 lbs on a low-carb eating plan the last month, following the ideas of Taubes's Good Calories, Bad Calories. Animal protein (meat, eggs, cheese, fish, fowl) and veggies and some fruit. No cereals at all. Seems to work to lose weight without hunger.

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I've been bad bad bad since I got back from my reunion. Up about 8 pounds. Frowner Frowner Frowner But I'm back on the wagon - giving myself a kick-start with the South Beach Diet. I got the cookbook a few years ago, and it's just easier to follow the plan and the recipes for a few weeks. I am crabby, crabby, crabby. So Mr. Jodi has re-named it the South Bitch Diet.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
Misery loves company, so I'll join you Jodi in confessing I've been bad too. But, I'm down six pounds since 10/15 when I had my bone scan so I'm moving in the right direction. My cholesterol was showing a not-good trend at my physical this year so I'm being really strict about all bad fats and eggs and red-meat for 3 months and then I'm going to get retested. The way I'm eating also is resulting in weight loss, so I hope it takes the cholesterol down as well. I do miss my eggs though. I'm using egg-starters and they aren't bad actually.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
Well, I just made a killer mock hollandaise sauce (egg substitute, olive oil spread and lemon juice) for the steamed asparagus that went with the baked salmon we had for dinner. Plus, Mr. Jodi opened a favorite bottle of wine (a vinho verde, or green wine, from Portugal) so I had to cheat and have a small glass. Everybody else had a potato, I just had extra apraragus.

Then everybody else had bowls of Tillamook Mudslide Icecream and I cried... Frowner

Big Grin Jodi

high maintenance

What Life?
Picture of plays88keys
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2485 | Location: at my computer | Registered: 29 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by plays88keys:

So Plays - you have had your surgery, correct? I've been kind of out of it lately.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Kathy, nice to "see" you! You've been scarce lately...

Posts: 9812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Jeffrey
posted Hide Post
Plays - Congrats!!

Posts: 6497 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
A little inspiration for those of us who are posting to this thread:

When Unger started drawing the Herman cartoon series, I always suspected he was secretly following me around with a sketch pad...

Posts: 10335 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post