well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  The Pinblock    Music - What are you listening to right now?
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Music - What are you listening to right now?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Wow, you too? How did you ever run into him?

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Jack, do you think the rest of us live in a vacuum or something? I don't own it, but I've heard it, too!

What's wrong with you? You must be evil! Wink

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post

This album always reminds me of an incident...

Back when I was in high school (when this album was released), the school had an honest-to-goodness radio station. (Low power, but it wasn't one of those dopey carrier current stations.) I was on the staff, and did a dj gig once or twice a week.

On one particular "Matt G. Show," I played "In France They Kiss on Main Street" from this album. (I still think Joni Mitchell was a genius.) After I told the listeners (both of them!) the name of the album, I followed it with my editorial comment, "whatever the hell that means."

Wouldn't you know, no less than five minutes later, the angry parent of one of my classmates calls in to complain about my on-air language. I thought it was a bit of an overreaction, but I managed to barely escape getting into big trouble with the school administration.

My, how far we've come! Wink

Posts: 15343 | Location: Plainfield, IL | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Matt, your vignette reminded me of a similarish story... when I was in high school we had an FM station. Whopping 10 watts (motto 1: I can spit farther than that; motto 2: You can probably pick us up in the school parking lot).

School in the next district over (much more affluent and snooty) also had a station, I think it was also 10 W. I could get it at my house, as we were on the top of a hill. Really, there was no rivalry between us. Really.

One evening, the kids at the other school's station were playing bits from Monty Python albums, including the scene from "Holy Grail":
"How do you know he's the king?"
"Cos he's not all covered with sh** like us."

I wrote a strong letter of protest to the FCC and sent a copy to the school district.

OBWhatI'mlisteningtorightnow:

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of TomK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt G.:

This album always reminds me of an incident...

Back when I was in high school (when this album was released), the school had an honest-to-goodness radio station. (Low power, but it wasn't one of those dopey carrier current stations.) I was on the staff, and did a dj gig once or twice a week.

On one particular "Matt G. Show," I played "In France They Kiss on Main Street" from this album. (I still think Joni Mitchell was a genius.) After I told the listeners (both of them!) the name of the album, I followed it with my editorial comment, "whatever the hell that means."

Wouldn't you know, no less than five minutes later, the angry parent of one of my classmates calls in to complain about my on-air language. I thought it was a bit of an overreaction, but I managed to barely escape getting into big trouble with the school administration.

My, how far we've come! Wink

Joni jumped the shark after Blue.

Posts: 2293 | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of SAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Frost:
Wow, you too? How did you ever run into him?

jf

They actually play him on the radio here. On KGSR and on KUT, which is the NPR station here, but they don't play classical music.

Posts: 5151 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 02 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
William is listening to the Beatles right now. Last night it was remixed techno electronic disco. Oh my gawd, here comes the sitar!

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Offline
Picture of Nunatax
posted Hide Post

Great CD Smiler

Posts: 973 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

jf

Posts: 17680 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Right now:

Rilo Kiley - 'More Adventurous'

Earlier:

Sigur Rós - 'Takk'

Techno-Stud
Minor Deity
Picture of Matt G.
posted Hide Post
Ladytron - 'Witching Hour'

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

jf

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

All I have at the moment is one song--the album is released tuesday. I think I am going to really like her.

jf

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post

jf