well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtf fifth anniversary reunion, may 29 - may 31, 2010
 Login/Join

What Life?
Picture of piqaboo
posted Hide Post
Is this 're'-union a one day deal, multiday affair, other?

When looking for a reasonable hotel, is there a zip code we should keep in mind to be close to things, and not way out in drive-for-hours-land?

Can locals recommend an airport shuttle, in case we out of towners end up with hotels that dont provide their own?

thanks

Posts: 2691 | Registered: 07 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqaboo:
Can locals recommend an airport shuttle, in case we out of towners end up with hotels that dont provide their own?

I've heard good things about the FTP shuttle service....

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is this 're'-union a one day deal, multiday affair, other?

I am hoping for a multiday affair.

I will host something at Cunningham, maybe a party including a recital. FTP would like to host something, from what I understand, and there could be a day seeing Philly for those interested - maybe attend a performance that is in town when we settle on a date.

These are just a few ideas.

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
I hear half of us are staying at Rich's house, and the other half are staying at FTP's; we're giving Big Al a pass on this one. Evil

This event lasts a couple of weeks, right?

Posts: 25662 | Location: Sandy Eggo, CA | Registered: 15 April 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of fathertopianist
posted Hide Post
Looks like there could be a number of exciting possibilities for the weekend.

I will be happy to supply a bus under the condition that OT drives it. Big Grin

First question is whether or not folks want to find a hotel with bloc rate. Near Independence Hall, Holiday Inn, list price is 179.00, there is also a historic nice hotel near Cunninghams (chestnuthillhotel.com) at the same list price.

It's not too early to get started on the planning.

Posts: 4838 | Registered: 04 May 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
that is too much money for me. i'd either need to impose myself on someone's hospitality or hope for a good deal on priceline close by.

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
Any of the above is possible, Pique.

I just went to hotels.com and although they would not guarantee pricing a year out, I was finding prices between 60.00 and 95.00 per night on a June weekend 2009 on hotels that I was certain would be almost twice that amount.

Maybe with a little negotiating we could lock in pricing for the weekend now.

If we have the number that we MIGHT expect, a hotel may be our only option. (My house isn't big enough for all of WTF)

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
Besides, I've got dibs on Rich's house.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
My house isn't big enough for all of WTF

but it's big enough for the charity cases, right? Wink

What Life?
Picture of Muffin's sister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fathertopianist:
Looks like there could be a number of exciting possibilities for the weekend.

I will be happy to supply a bus under the condition that OT drives it. Big Grin

First question is whether or not folks want to find a hotel with bloc rate. Near Independence Hall, Holiday Inn, list price is 179.00, there is also a historic nice hotel near Cunninghams (chestnuthillhotel.com) at the same list price.

It's not too early to get started on the planning.

I'm all for planning early. $179 a night HairRaising The Muffin family might be better off staying further out and renting a car...

Posts: 2262 | Location: Way Southeast of Phoenix | Registered: 21 January 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
posted Hide Post
There are many hotels in the suburbs and near the airport that appear to be available in the $60-70+ range. (They are not too far away but rental cars would probably be necessary as public transportation has limits in Phila.) Some websites such as priceline.com don't go out a year for reservation purposes, expedia might.

The other hotels mentioned are close either to the historic district or Cunningham's and it might be possible to get a bloc rate at significantly lower than the list price.

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
What are the rates at Hotel FTP? Reasonable, I assume?

Leaving

Gadfly
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OperaTenor:
What are the rates at Hotel FTP? Reasonable, I assume?

Leaving

You must be referring to the public option?

Do you tune anything other than rescue pianos? Big Grin

Nobody's $hillbot
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of OperaTenor
posted Hide Post
hysteric

Why, as a matter of fact, I do. Should I bring my tools along?

BTW, rave reviews continue to pour in on the quality of my tuning and service. The director at the church where I just did the grand regulation was astounded at the difference I made. Woot

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
hey! i read aloud for lodging!