well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  About Us    Apple has moved on.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple has moved on.
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Some people make a big splash.

Apple made quiet ripples.

I'm missing her already.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Lovely, RF.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of kathyk
posted Hide Post
Ditto, RF.

Posts: 11691 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:
SK, Rich has also suggested a memorial on PW. Either way, I'm in.

Me too. I wonder if there is something musical we could do? Or some kind of scholarship for the kids? Just throwing ideas out...

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
To our crunchy, rosy apple - sweet and tart - loving farewell and everlasting memories.

I always wondered how she came to her net-name (anyone know?), but it is so suitable: unpretentious, appealing, nourishing and all the above.

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gadfly
Picture of Piano Again
posted Hide Post
She said it was the name of a dog they had.

Posts: 3833 | Registered: 26 August 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano Again:
She said it was the name of a dog they had.

Thank you, P.A.! ThumbsUp

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
LL,

That video is perfect. Thank you.
To everyone:

Group Hug and Comfort

It is good to be among friends now.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Nan W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by teachum:
quote:
Originally posted by LL:

Me too. I wonder if there is something musical we could do? Or some kind of scholarship for the kids? Just throwing ideas out...

I would like to do something too. I was also thinking of something along the lines of scholarships. Or some contribution to her church that has to do with music. Something that would be more lasting than, say, flowers.

Posts: 2350 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: 08 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as tall as PL
What Life?
posted Hide Post
On PW she lost her sign in at some point and reregistered as apple*.

She said the " * " was a kiss. Frowner

Posts: 2679 | Location: Philly/South Jersey | Registered: 17 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Revenant
Beatification Candidate
Picture of Frycek
posted Hide Post
I can imagine her now, as in a fantasy she once shared with me, leaving her beloved Bach at home with a black forest cake on the sideboard to sustain him and eloping with Gershwin to Paris. Bon Voyage, mon amie.

Posts: 6034 | Location: SC Mountains | Registered: 24 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LL:

+me

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What Life?
Picture of Bill_D
posted Hide Post
When we leave, as we all must, all that remains of us is the memory of friends and our accomplishments. Apple had many friends among us and has touched most of us during her time here. And remember, that's what is important. Not how many toys you have acquired, not where you have gotten, it's what you have done, it's what those who have been touched by your presence.

Farewell, apple... we won't forget you.

Posts: 2515 | Location: San Francisco, California! | Registered: 14 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rich galassini:
On PW she lost her sign in at some point and reregistered as apple*.

She said the " * " was a kiss. Frowner

I remember that.

Posts: 8032 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chatty Kathy
Beatification Candidate
Picture of teachum
posted Hide Post
I rember so many things she said. Like that she would get up after her wifely "duties" and play into the wee hours of the morning. I remember she said her hubbie wooed her with a box of sheet music bought at a garage sale on their first date. She was quite the free spirit before shear rows too. She actually worked for a bike shop owner in la Jolla that we met up here. Small world.