well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Bernard saves the day!!!

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Kerri checking out some new property.

We were at Castle In The Clouds, an early 1900s craftsman's style mansion in the mountains. Stunning workmanship thoughout. A glimpse of the stonework:

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10574 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
This afternoon I saw the general vicinity of where I live (which would be slightly below mid picture) from the summit of Mt. Cardigan. Next time I hike up there I'll continue onto Corkscrew Mtn where I think I'll get a better view of North Groton (or Groton Hills as I like to call it!)

Posts: 10574 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
This morning I saw the beauty of Quincy Bog, with BeeLady.

"One half of me is a hopeless romantic, the other half is so damn realistic."
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I saw a few roadside oddities.

Problems are not the problem. Coping is the problem. --Virginia Satir

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Smiler

I think I've figured out pics #1 and #3. You see, #3 is the mechanic that works on the car in #1! Smiler

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
Some beautifl pics, Bernard. I'm glad to see that Beelady has found some good company at this point in time.

Rustyfingers, are those photos on the trip you and choochiefingers have been making. It looks like you've left the interstates for the blue highways.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7411 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by big al:
Some beautifl pics, Bernard. I'm glad to see that Beelady has found some good company at this point in time.

Rustyfingers, are those photos on the trip you and choochiefingers have been making. It looks like you've left the interstates for the blue highways.

Big Al

The Piano forums have gifted me some of my closest friends, Bernard and RustyFingers among them.

Thanks again, to Bernard for a wonderful weekend...I am so in awe of Bernard for making such a huge life change...We were talking about it while looking at all the lovely quilts he has made in just 2 short years...The transition from city back to the country has served Bernard well!

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bernard:
Smiler

I think I've figured out pics #1 and #3. You see, #3 is the mechanic that works on the car in #1! Smiler

Makes sense. They were right across the street from eachother.

Yes, al, on our way back we decided to stay off the interstates and stay away from any chain restaurant that we don't have at home. (Right after the Wendy's stop). Fun times.

Posts: 8342 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 11 July 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:

The Piano forums have gifted me some of my closest friends

Yes

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Today I attended a spin in...I have attended many over the years...This one is a new local who is spinning wheel crazy and who I met, just like all of you, online...

Her house is a 18th century gem..She is me, 15-20 years ago..buying up old spinning wheels to rescue them.

A large group gathered with their own wheels or just to try out the old ones..it was like a taste testing day..I saw an old friend I have not seen in 5 years and met many more new ones..And spent some time teaching a beginner who turns out to be a Mom of Shorty's classmate..All good...Spinning is so zen, so so social..who cares if I ever make a sweater...It is the journey, not the destination.

This is the before photo..She even had labels on each wheel, who made them and what era..wow..I was never this organized...

MillCityGrows.org

Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
A spinning class of a different sort!

And I love the clocktower in Rustyfingers' photo.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13814 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
Love this picture!

Beautiful midcentury essence -- both house and car!

I would have chosen California over New York and Florida in a heartbeat if I had been born at that time. ThumbsUp

Posts: 24724 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RealPlayer:

And I love the clocktower in Rustyfingers' photo.

It is in Berne, Indiana, a community settled by the Swiss, and in the midst of Amish country. The guy in the top of the tower (can you see him?) strikes the bell on the hour. We drove through at a few minutes before 8 pm (twilight) and decided to wait to see what would happen. It turns out that there are also figures lower down that animate at noon & 3 pm--we didn't know about that until we looked it up later.

The clock strickes 8.

Clicky for video

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rustyfingers
posted Hide Post
Our partially renovated high school 10 days before school starts. Can you tell which half is new?