well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Today I saw...
Page 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 69

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today I saw...
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
Today I saw...Bernard!!!

I had the pleasure of attending his one year anniversary house warming party.

For those who have visited him in Brooklyn, his new home exudes the same vibe...colorful, cozy and welcoming.

I so loved chatting with his brothers..but it was a bit strange..like Bernard but ..different....One has the same striking blue eyes, another a similar voice and another a similar sense of humor! Smiler

--------------------------------
"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BeeLady:
He drives this truck, Bella, everyday.

Love that truck! ThumbsUp

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
A baby kangaroo in a laundry bag:

A very shaggy miniature donkey:

And Mrs. M feeding a very young alpaca:

Posts: 34971 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
quote:
I so loved chatting with his brothers..but it was a bit strange..like Bernard but ..different....One has the same striking blue eyes, another a similar voice and another a similar sense of humor! Smiler

Ha! You met my gay brother (probably the one that sounds like me), my brother who overcame skin cancer (blues eyes, and hair which seems a bit out of place: it covers the scars), similar sense of humor? Hm... maybe the one who lives in Vermont, the only brother here this evening who is married. They are the three that were here, along with my oldest sister (her first visit to my new place, which made me really happy). Not too unexpected, those with issues didn't show--not really surprising, but disappointing nonetheless.

It was great to see you again, Kerri. SO glad you made the trip up, and considering all the sink hole problems at your place! Most greatful. I LOVE the birds. Next post...

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
A new work of art to grace my home. An original by Kerri Piette. Isn't it GORGEOUS!! And in a coveted blue bottle!! Thanks so much, Kerri.

Posts: 10573 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Sweet pics, Steve. Just wondering... why is the baby kangaroo in a suspended laundry bag? Is it orphaned?

Were you at a sheep & wool festival?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
No - we were at America's Family Pet Expo, which we attend every year.

The kangaroo was in a petting zoo area and I can't tell you why they had him in that bag. He didn't seem to mind it, but later that day they had him hopping around the enclosure with the rest of the animals.

knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Maybe the baby kangaroo likes hanging in a pouch?

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Well, yesterday...

Every year for at least 20, I have done a burn pile, up the hill in a small clearing. After a branch way 'up there' caught on fire one year, I started making the help/landscapers make side piles, called feeder piles, so I could manage it better.

Every year, I have had one of my helpers with me. Not this year, so I bravely had to do it myself. Got the hoses hooked up, cleared the debris from around (leaves), soaked what I needed (pile of leaves nearby etc) and started at 10.

Managed it OK. Here is the pic from a nice burn toward the mid afternoon. Wish I had something to cook on it!

and main burn pile and some feeders earlier

Those were not twigs to put on but privets that had to be 12 ft tall and HEAVY. There was also a cut up dead limb to toss on.

Felt so old and actually was shaking by the afternoon. Legs and arms!

Felt safe to put water on by 7 thinking it was just about done.

But...winds came up so loudly during the night that I rushed to the kitchen window to check on it.

Yup, through the apple tree near the brook, I could see two sets of flames.

So, at 2AM with one flood light and no flashlight, I meandered up the path to stand there shivering for 20 minutes trying to extinquish what was still burning.

Didn't sleep much after that. Winds only 20-25 but there were many gusts as always, near the ocean.

AOK this morning. Phew!

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
Friday evening, the only time it didn't pour all weekend:

Tillamook Head

squid egg sacs

The last one? Squid egg sacs (egg mops). I had never seen them before, so I posted them on FB. Correctly id'd by OT's Altoid.

Posts: 9800 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of BeeLady
posted Hide Post
I love this thread...LL, we have our burn pile not set done...Past the permit dates now so will have to wait till next year.....

AdagioM please tell me you didn't take these with your iPhone? Wow!!

This is just a quirky location I see on my runs near my folks house. Makes me laugh. The pavement is all of 15 feet. Razzer

"Wealth is like manure; spread it around and it makes everything grow; pile it up, and it stinks."
MillCityGrows.org

Posts: 11215 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
BeeLady, yes, these are all iPhone pix. The only time I wished I brought a different camera was Saturday evening, when the elk were crossing the inlet. I sure could have used a zoom lens! I ran out in the rain to the end of the property, but it was getting dark, and all I had was my phone.

But mostly, the iPhone was enough for the weekend.

Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post
Those eggs freak me right out. Fascinating, but icky.

Today I saw snow and ice at Niagara Falls. It was 75 degrees.

Ice and Snow by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4092 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dolmansaxlil:
Those eggs freak me right out. Fascinating, but icky.

Today I saw snow and ice at Niagara Falls. It was 75 degrees.

Ice and Snow by Sharon Drummond, on Flickr

Mother Nature...isn't she wonderful?

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is just a quirky location I see on my runs near my folks house.

Rooflines - we haz 'em. ThumbsUp