well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Is it just me?
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is it just me?
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Yes, I kind of figured that was the intent and to be totally honest I had to stifle a laugh. Later it occurred to me that there are some folks here who, whatever his flaws may have been, viewed Larry in a very different light. I thought it might be hard for them.

I was once kind of on the other side when a friend died as a result of a really dumb decision. The story went worldwide and I made the mistake of reading some of the comments on the news items. It was not fun. Maybe that experience made me want to say something on behalf of Larry's friends.

As far as I'm concerned nothing needs moderating. Not a big deal, just sharing some thoughts. Thanks for listening.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37886 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you’re suffering, Daniel.

Please do whatever it takes to get your knee fixed. When my knees were hurting it negatively affected my whole attitude toward life and now that they don’t hurt any more I feel much more positive.

There are things they can do now, and they don’t necessarily involve surgery.

Good luck!

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34931 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, all!

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Doug
posted Hide Post
They just put this sign in front of my building. Should I be worried?

Posts: 10334 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
twit
Beatification Candidate
Picture of kluurs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it is weird see "other people" who are approximately my age (or worse, younger) who are referred to as "elderly".

Daniel - there have been some instances where I've felt a bit on the ropes - and then either gotten "Fixed" or things just got better on their won - and changed my attitude toward things. Pain/disbility - can really adversely affect one's atittude toward life. Like STeve said, check out a medical intervention for the knee.

Posts: 9597 | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The only elderly people I see are the pictures of the people I went to school with.
What have
they been doing that makes them look so old?
Hope it is not contagious.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25703 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
There's hope for all of us.

quote:
At 105, American Crystal's oldest shareholder has lived the history of sugarbeets in the Red River Valley

Earl Mallinger is American Crystal Sugar's oldest shareholder and likely one of the nation's oldest farmers. He celebrated his 105th birthday on Aug. 14, 2022, and continues to farm about 1,000 acres near Oslo, Minnesota.

https://www.agweek.com/news/su...the-red-river-valley

(there was a story about him on tonight's ABC newscast. I'll post a link if one becomes available.)

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37886 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Popularity Seeker
Picture of Catseye3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Anna:
My thoughts are more along the lines of how I want to spend the coming years.

This. You're not alone, WTG. I think about it much more often -- how it will happen, will I be alone, will I stink up the neighborhood (how embarrasing! Oh wait ...)

I'm also spending a lot of time thinking about what I want to do from now on. None of this sitting and looking out the window jazz. Just this morning I was Googling Senior Games. Tchyeah, like that'll happen.

"Success is measured by your discipline and inner peace." -- Mike Ditka

Posts: 753 | Registered: 27 December 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
There's hope for all of us.

quote:
At 105, American Crystal's oldest shareholder has lived the history of sugarbeets in the Red River Valley

Earl Mallinger is American Crystal Sugar's oldest shareholder and likely one of the nation's oldest farmers. He celebrated his 105th birthday on Aug. 14, 2022, and continues to farm about 1,000 acres near Oslo, Minnesota.

https://www.agweek.com/news/su...the-red-river-valley

(there was a story about him on tonight's ABC newscast. I'll post a link if one becomes available.)

Video link became available; forgot to post it earlier...

https://abcnews.go.com/WNT/vid...n-longevity-88670271

Bazootiehead-in-training

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
At 72, yup me too, but I don’t obsess over it. I have done some practical things like making sure estate planning is up to date, getting rid of junk.

My health remains good other than persistent tinnitus, which is annoying, stress-inducing, but won’t kill me, although it is a significant cause of suicide.

I do not have word retrieval problems, but have noticed instances where I will be driving somewhere I have been hundreds of times, say to the local mall, and suddenly the road seems unfamiliar. I never actually get lost. I mentioned this to a neurologist I saw about the tinnitus and she said it’s just a memory problem that is not unusual at my age and not a sign of incoming dementia.

I’ve lost both parents but not many contemporary friends.

So I don’t think a lot about the end, but I have decided I won’t linger much past when I can no longer take care of myself. Both of my parents chose the timing of their deaths. My mother, with leukemia, decided to stop the twice weekly blood transfusions that were keeping her alive. My father, after a stroke left him bedbound, decided to stop eating and drinking water.

Jf

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
Daniel

You sound depressed. May i suggest you look into that possibility first, and see if you can address it?

I second that emotion.

Jf

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Bump

Seems to early to let this thread die!

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Ohh, word choice!

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Not intentional!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
We could invoke you know who.

Then it would be finished.

Or not.

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post