Find
Notify
Tools

Kenosha
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted
The video is disturbing to say the least.

There were kids in the back seat of the car he was trying to get into.

https://www.jsonline.com/story...-evening/3427347001/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Julia Jackson, Jacob Blake's mother, is making the most profound and wise remarks I think I've ever heard.

I think his father spoke also, but I missed it.

They're giving an update on his medical status, too. edit: Jacob is paralyzed.

As soon as it's available online, I'll post it.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
The video is disturbing to say the least.

I just watched it. There is no, no, no justification for that shooting.

A few of his mother's comments:

quote:
"My son has been fighting for his life and we just really need prayers," Jackson said. "As I was riding through here, through the city, I noticed a lot of damage. That doesn't reflect my son or my family.

"We need healing," she said. "As I pray for my son's healing physically, emotionally and spiritually, I also have been praying even before this for the healing of our country."

I will say a prayer for her son, and for her, for her family, and yes, for our country.

I want this to stop happening.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old charged with shooting three people — two of them fatally — during a Kenosha protest Tuesday evening, thought of himself as a militia member trying to protect life and property, according to videos, interviews and social media posts.

Video shot in the hours before the shooting shows Rittenhouse, who introduced himself as Kyle, hanging out with older armed men. They say they're protecting a car lot.

Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Ill., also did a video interview with the Daily Caller in front of a boarded up building.

"People are getting injured and our job is to protect this business," Rittenhouse says in the clip. "And my job also is to protect people. If someone is hurt, I’m running into harm’s way. That’s why I have my rifle; I’ve gotta' protect myself, obviously. But I also have my med kit."

https://www.jsonline.com/story...-militia/5634532002/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
What’s the deal with the cops? Is there an investigation? Have they been arrested? Or are they on leave pending the result? Have they come out with their story?

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Kenosha police added that the officers involved were placed on administrative leave as authorities investigate, noting that the Wisconsin DOJ's aim is to provide a report of the incident to a prosecutor within 30 days, at which point the prosecutor would make a determination about what charges, if any, are appropriate.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/new...s-for-peace/2329041/

I don't think they can afford to take 30 days.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Thanks, wtg.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Just heard on the news that state law requires that the agency that was responsible for the shooting step aside from the investigation.

That's passed along to an outside agency.

No details beyond that.

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wisconsin state Representative David Bowen said he saw white supremacists in Kenosha on Tuesday evening "vandalizing" and attacking demonstrators....

"What I saw last night was a number of individuals riding around in pickup trucks that clearly were white supremacists," the Wisconsin lawmaker said. "They were armed. They were destroying property. They were vandalizing vehicles, including mine, including other protesters' [vehicles]. They were there to agitate and hurt protesters."

Bowen said he has been asked why he and others will keep protesting, despite the violence. He said he will continue to do so "because we cannot allow anyone to take away our constitutional right to transform this system and advocate for what it needs to change into."....

Kenosha County Supervisor Andy Berg said in an interview with CNN that the far-right group the American Patriots Brigade organized and brought in people from outside the city. "We didn't ask them to come here. We don't need them here," Berg said.

"A lot of the destruction happening is not from people of Kenosha. It's people coming in," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...-BB18oU7k?li=BBnbcA1

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
More about the 17 year old. How the hell does a kid this age get access to guns?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/a...tenhouse-trump-rally

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Whoever allowed him access may be in a heap of trouble, ... one hopes.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Lots of versions regarding what happened.

One from the local Chicago CBS news outlet.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2...owed-to-leave-scene/

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
That "boy" needs to spend the rest of his life in jail. I don't give a f**k that he is 17. We need to find out how he came to be walking around with an AR-15. The gun owner (if not him) needs to spend some quality time inside a maximum security prison. And the mayor of Kenosha needs to start a process that could lead to the firing of the bulk of the top brass in the police department. Likewise, individual officers watching a kid with a gun walking down to a riot zone need to be dismissed. Fired. With prejudice. And if the union resists, that union needs to be destroyed. F**k the police. F*ck their unions. I'm so sick of this.

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I am a boy from the Midwest. Brookfield Wisconsin, White Bear Lake Minnesota, Duluth, Gilbert Minnesota.

I have been to Kenosha but it’s been a very long time and I’m having a very hard time understanding how this could possibly happen in Kenosha. Nothing ever happens in Kenosha. But here we are.

People in Kenosha don’t do this sort of thing, except it’s obvious that they do.

Very sad.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
... in Trump's America.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post