Tools

Kenosha
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
That "boy" needs to spend the rest of his life in jail. I don't give a f**k that he is 17. We need to find out how he came to be walking around with an AR-15. The gun owner (if not him) needs to spend some quality time inside a maximum security prison. And the mayor of Kenosha needs to start a process that could lead to the firing of the bulk of the top brass in the police department. Likewise, individual officers watching a kid with a gun walking down to a riot zone need to be dismissed. Fired. With prejudice. And if the union resists, that union needs to be destroyed. F**k the police. F*ck their unions. I'm so sick of this.

Amen.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
I actually had no idea where Kenosha is. I just looked at the map. It appears to be in the urban metropolis that extends from Chicago to Milwaukee. Not the milk and cheese part of Wisconsin.

I've never been there. Correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------------------
pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Prosecutors on Thursday charged a 17-year-old from Illinois in the fatal shooting of two protesters and the wounding of a third in Kenosha, Wisconsin, during a night of unrest following the weekend police shooting of Jacob Blake.

Kyle Rittenhouse faces charges of first-degree intentional homicide, one count of first-degree reckless homicide, one count of attempted first-degree intentional homicide and two counts of first-degree reckless endangerment. He would face a mandatory life sentence if convicted of first-degree intentional homicide, the most serious crime in Wisconsin.

quote:
Rittenhouse, of Antioch, Illinois, about 15 miles from Kenosha, was taken into custody Wednesday in Illinois. He was assigned a public defender in Illinois for a hearing Friday on his transfer to Wisconsin. Under Wisconsin law, anyone 17 or older is treated as an adult in the criminal justice system.

Rittenhouse’s attorney, Lin Wood, said the teenager was acting in self-defense. Cellphone footage shows the shooter being chased into a used car lot by someone before shots are heard and the person lies dead. The shooter then runs down the street where he is chased by several people shouting that he just shot someone. He stumbles after being approached by several more people and fires, killing another man and injuring a third.

“From my standpoint, it’s important that the message be clear to other Americans who are attacked that there will be legal resources available in the event false charges are brought against them,” he said. “Americans should never be deterred from exercising their right of self-defense.”

https://www.politico.com/news/...illinois-teen-403922

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
More about the 17 year old. How the hell does a kid this age get access to guns?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/a...tenhouse-trump-rally

‘Cause this is America?

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
A policeman shoots an unarmed Black father in the back seven times at point blank range.

Police see a White teenager walking away from shooting scene holding up an AR-15 while everyone else is yelling at the police that the kid is the shooter. the police let him walk away then drive off. They arrest him the next day with no shots fired.

In Trump’s America.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30038 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unrepentant Dork
Gadfly
Picture of dolmansaxlil
posted Hide Post

Artist Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/CE...igshid=1mh2aejasklb6

"Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posts: 4091 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
What about charges for loving mum, who drove him there?

Posts: 35377 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
The most detailed account of events I’ve yet seen.

Wish we could get something similar on the Blake shooting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/0...-shooting-video.html

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
One of the reporters of that piece has a twitter thread that embeds the relevant video.

Worth looking at.

Still one big gap, it’s unclear what happened before they initially started chasing him.

https://twitter.com/trbrtc/sta...839097923063809?s=21

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Piano*Dad:
That "boy" needs to spend the rest of his life in jail.

You could get your wish. He’s facing serious charges. Ironic that he gets tried as an adult for one of the charges yet still faces another charge related to him being underage.

quote:
Rittenhouse, from Antioch, Illinois, is facing six charges in Wisconsin, the most serious of which is first-degree intentional homicide. Under Wisconsin law, Rittenhouse is charged as an adult, and he would face life in prison if convicted of the first-degree intentional homicide charge.

Rittenhouse also faces charges of first-degree reckless homicide, attempted first-degree intentional homicide, two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and one count of possession of a dangerous weapon by a person under 18.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A couple of sources talk about what is in the criminal complaint against Rittenhouse.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/08...-criminal-complaint/

One thing that I find odd Is that the kid stops to call someone after he shoots the first guy. WTF

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
He said ‘I just shot someone’. Had he called 911?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Did his mom really drive him there?

I’ve seen that mentioned but the more trustworthy sites don’t mention how he got there one way or another.

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
He said ‘I just shot someone’. Had he called 911?

... or called a friend in his excited state to exult.
Not feeling particularly charitable ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I say that because given his mindset and the fact that the cops had been chummy with him that evening he might have fancied himself as informally deputized.