Tools

Kenosha
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jon-nyc:
He said ‘I just shot someone’. Had he called 911?

I have only seen one call described in the various reports that use the complaint as a basis for their information.

quote:
As Rosenbaum lay on the ground, the suspect made a call on his cellphone and said, "I just killed somebody" as he ran away, the complaint alleges. His friend received a call from him at 11:46 p.m. saying that he shot someone, an investigator says in the complaint.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28...-shooting/index.html

quote:
Detective Antaramian spoke with Dominic Black on August 26, 2020. Dominic stated that he received a phone call from his friend Kyle Rittenhouse, the defendant, at 11:46 pm in which the defendant stated that he shot someone. Detective Antaramian saw the defendant in person at the Antioch, IL Police Department and identified the defendant as the shooter in the various videos.

https://heavy.com/news/2020/08...-criminal-complaint/

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of Rittenhouse's lawyers said on social media the 17-year-old did not own the AR-15 he was carrying the night of the shooting or bring it across the Illinois/Wisconsin line.

"Kyle did not carry a gun across state line," L. Lin Wood said in a tweet Friday morning. "The gun belonged to his friend, a Wisconsin resident. The gun never left the state of Wisconsin." Wood is part of the Texas-based #FightBack Foundation Inc. that is raising money for Rittenhouse's defense.

https://www.jsonline.com/story...officers/5660081002/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
quote:
One of Rittenhouse's lawyers said on social media the 17-year-old did not own the AR-15 he was carrying the night of the shooting or bring it across the Illinois/Wisconsin line.

"Kyle did not carry a gun across state line," L. Lin Wood said in a tweet Friday morning. "The gun belonged to his friend, a Wisconsin resident. The gun never left the state of Wisconsin." Wood is part of the Texas-based #FightBack Foundation Inc. that is raising money for Rittenhouse's defense.

https://www.jsonline.com/story...officers/5660081002/

Just curious - does anyone here believe this?

And who are these people who raise money for a 17 year old murderer’s defense?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
More about the 17 year old. How the hell does a kid this age get access to guns?

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/a...tenhouse-trump-rally

‘Cause this is America?

I was just going to say there's a reason this doesn't happen in Europe.

Posts: 24712 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:

Just curious - does anyone here believe this?

And who are these people who raise money for a 17 year old murderer’s defense?

Seems like it will be something they can verify. Does bringing it across state lines add to his legal troubles?

As for the second question those people don’t view him as a murderer, I imagine they view him as someone who was forced to defend himself from bad actors who threatened his life.

If you think looting is bad wait until I tell you about civil forfeiture.

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Regarding the gun laws:

https://www.jsonline.com/story...year-old/3444231001/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
https://www.theatlantic.com/id...og-mentality/615805/

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
Always look for the helpers

Posts: 33797 | Location: On the Hudson | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Wisconsin Department of Justice is overseeing the investigation into the police shooting of Jacob Blake, a Black man who was left paralyzed after he was shot seven times in front of his three kids by a police officer in Kenosha, Wis.

Until recently, it was common practice that any time an officer fired a gun, the police department conducted the investigation. In 2014, Wisconsin became the first state to end that process – one that has led to accusations of conflicts of interest and police cover-ups.

Michael Bell, whose own son was killed by Kenosha police, helped lead a decade-long fight for that change.

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/30...nto-kenosha-shooting

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers sends letter to Trump asking to 'reconsider' visit to Kenosha: 'I am concerned your presence will only hinder our healing'

https://www.businessinsider.co...kenosha-visit-2020-8

Bazootiehead-in-training

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
So, letters from a Democratic governor and a Democratic mayor will induce Trump NOT to come? ...

Posts: 12530 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Two Missouri men affiliated with a militia group that celebrates Kyle Rittenhouse as a hero on social media are facing federal charges after a witness told law enforcement the men came to Kenosha to loot and “pick people off.”

Michael M. Karmo, 40, and Cody E. Smith, 33, both of Hartville, Mo., are facing federal charges of illegal possession of firearms after being arrested Tuesday at a hotel in Pleasant Prairie.

Both Smith and Karmo are barred from possessing firearms because of past criminal convictions.

According to the criminal complaint, Kenosha Police informed the FBI that the department had received a tip that Karmo and an unidentified man were traveling from Missouri to Kenosha “to loot and possibly ‘pick people off.’”

quote:
Smith and Karmo were taken into custody at the La Quinta Hotel, 7540 118th Ave. in Pleasant Prairie.

In the men’s vehicle and hotel room, FBI agents found body armor, tactical gear, an AR-15 rifle, a 12-gauge shotgun, a homemade silencer and two handguns, along with ammunition for the weapons.

quote:
Former Kenosha Alderman Kevin Mathewson had put out an online call for militias to come to Kenosha last week, posting as “commander” of the Kenosha Guard, a militia group he formed online. His post was shared by the alt-right website Infowars.

“Any patriots willing to take up arms and defend our City tonight from the evil thugs?” the Kenosha Guard Facebook post stated. Later that day, a large number of armed people, including Rittenhouse, were on the streets along with protesters.

The Kenosha Guard Facebook page has since been removed.

Mathewson told the Kenosha News last week that he stood by his decision to call militia members to the city.

“This is what the Second Amendment was written for,” said Mathewson. “We are at war in Kenosha. We are under siege. We are under attack. When law enforcement is outnumbered, that’s when citizens have the right to take up arms to defend their lives, their homes and their businesses.”

https://www.kenoshanews.com/ne...source=home-breaking

Bazootiehead-in-training

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:

As for the second question those people don’t view him as a murderer, I imagine they view him as someone who was forced to defend himself from bad actors who threatened his life.

Oh ********.

That may be the wingnut spin but we know exactly why he was there and what he intended to do. Nobody carries an assault rifle in to a situation like that for the purpose of protecting himself.

Kid needs to burn.

Posts: 34929 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jon-nyc
posted Hide Post
I think you misunderstand my answer - I was taking your question literally. The people who gave him money almost certainly don't view him as a murderer.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think you misunderstand my answer - I was taking your question literally. The people who gave him money almost certainly don't view him as a murderer.

I get that.

But a murderer he is, just the same.