well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Edited photos of royal kids
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edited photos of royal kids
 Login/Join

Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
My theory is that she is being treated for anorexia.

The condition has stigma, so they want to keep it secret.

She has lost so much weight that even a well staged photo shoot couldn’t hide it. So they put out that altered photo.

December to Easter (including a two week hospital stay) sounds right to treat anorexia.

Planned abdominal surgery is just a cover, as it might explain her failure to gain all of the weight back.

Posts: 19763 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
I pay very little attention to stuff like this. Yes, I watched a bit of the coronation, and Elizabeth's funeral. I'm a fan of pomp. But I don't understand the breathless anticipation of royal news and doings. I don't mind the monarchy, even in this day and age, but I just don't get all exercised about this kind of stuff.

That's a prelude for saying that the royal family is caught betwixt and between. They want their cushy state subsidies and all the attention, but they also want their privacy as "a family." Sorry, the King is head of state. He's a public figure. His family are public figures. The deceptions they weave in the name of privacy are so obviously in tension with their obligations as public figures receiving substantial public monies.

If they want to be just a normal family with complete privacy then give up the public role and the public dole. Otherwise, be much more forthcoming with the public about important things like the health of the mother of the next king.

I'm not feeling particularly charitable today, I suppose. But c'mon. This family needs to make a choice. What they're doing degrades the position of head of state while fanning prurient interest that invades their privacy.

Posts: 12529 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
Cindy's theory of anorexia (or another eating disorder like bulimia) is something that's been on my mind. Heaven knows she's hounded over her appearance on a daily basis. This is why my other theory has been plastic surgery, but that would have been scheduled and she wouldn't have had a calendar full of appearances to cancel.

Unless, of course, there were complications of the plastic surgery, which could be as serious as heart failure, coma, and death. I imagine serious complications are more common in people with eating disorders, so both theories could be true.

I learned something yesterday about bulimia. There is apparently a sign that doctors look for, which is callouses on the back of the fingers or hand from repeated purging. Catherine was photographed several times last year with bandages on her fingers.

--------------------------------
Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
I’m betting it was something like a hysterectomy. But it really is nobody’s business but theirs.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
She has cancer. Three young kids, I can’t even imagine. Frowner

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20446 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
What?!

Off to Google.

Yikes. Frowner

Posts: 24710 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Her video message:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68641441

That is heartbreaking. And poor William, dealing with the major health issues of both his wife and father. They have all the resources in the world available to them, but this is still so, so difficult...

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18430 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
It's so sad. I hope she's going to be okay.

Those poor children.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15510 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
'Preventive chemotherapy' is an interesting phrase.

I feel badly for her.

My late mother had brain cancer and after one chemotherapy treatment, she essentially discontinued treatment.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of big al
posted Hide Post
I was also struck by the term "preventive chemotherapy". I presume that means that they believe that they have surgically excised a cancerous tumor, but are employing chemotherapy in the event that there are some fugitive cancer cells possibly still remaining in the body.

Big Al

Money seems to buy the most happiness when you give it away.

Why does everything have to be so complicated, all in the name of convenience. -ShiroKuro

A lifetime of experience will change a person. If it doesn't, then you're already dead inside. -MarkJ

Posts: 7400 | Location: Western PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Big Al, that's my understanding as well, though I haven't heard the term "preventive" used. I know several people (breast, colon, and bladder cancer) who have been offered optional chemo (and in one case, radiation) after their early stage cancers were thought to have been completely removed surgically. None of them decided to take it, and all of them are still cancer-free, anywhere from five to 30 years after initial diagnosis.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37873 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Prince Harry named in Diddy criminal lawsuit.
Edit: apparently, it's a civil lawsuit.

https://youtu.be/xU-RfJQAIt8?si=xbde1UeaKdBrokjV

Meghan probably knew of Epstein (she was a "yacht girl," i.e. prostitute) and definitely knew Prince Andrew (and lied about it), and definitely knew Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie (and lied about it), before she met Prince Harry.

As for Prince Harry, apparently, he's always had bad judgement.

Diddy has left the country.

You can't make this stuff up.