well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Edited photos of royal kids
Page 1 2 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Edited photos of royal kids
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/0...gSource=articleShare

What’s the big deal. As a photographer, I think every photograph I’ve ever shared has been “edited” to some degree.

J

--------------------------------
Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Can't read the NYT piece, it's behind a paywall.

I did read this piece in the Atlantic earlier today. Talks about what's behind the brouhaha.

https://www.theatlantic.com/te...SiDBrCWeLUwYS612oMpA

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Jack Frost
posted Hide Post
Yawn….

Be calm, be brave, it'll be okay.

Posts: 17677 | Location: Maine | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
For the life of me I don’t see the big deal.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
It’s because Kate has been out of the pubic eye since “planned abdominal surger” in late December or January, and they said she would be off royal duties until after Easter, and hasnt been seen in public except for a few grainy photos in a car that don’t really look like her and the crazy theories abound about her health - and then they post a photo (not recent) of her that has been altered, so now the internet is losing its mind. Or something like that.

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Exactly.

Edit-- Sorry to be unclear, replying to the OP.

Posts: 24717 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
A gift article (you shouldn't need a subscription to read it) for you ...

I have figured out where the Princess of Wales is

http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10571 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
ThumbsUp

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18439 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Brilliant!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
The AP also asked for the original photograph, which the Palace did not provide, even after Kate put out a statement that, like most people, she was just playing around with photo editing software.

It’s extraordinarily unusual for the AP to issue a kill notice. Something weird is going on.

Posts: 45738 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Paul Kate is really dead!

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13549 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
The AP also asked for the original photograph, which the Palace did not provide, even after Kate put out a statement that, like most people, she was just playing around with photo editing software.

It’s extraordinarily unusual for the AP to issue a kill notice. Something weird is going on.

Short video of an AP photo editor talking about why AP does not use manipulated photos, and how they will pull them if they find out they have been tinkered with.

https://apnews.com/video/north...4754b83e8a6d22226a29

Gives one a bit of confidence that AP does its best to ensure that the images we see are real.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37884 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
The WaPo Opinion posted by Bernard is very good.

Yes, the Royals are public figures.
Yes, they deserve a bit of judgement free time.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25702 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of jodi
posted Hide Post
This is pretty good article about how the palace has made mistakes with the PR on this (the caption above the Mother’s Day photo reads “do not feed amphetamines to the Dragon you are hoping will fall asleep”)

What the royal family doesn't understand about PR in 2024

Smiler Jodi

Posts: 20452 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
I saw pictures of the King's audience with Baroness Scotland.

He looked like he was dying.

Yikes.