well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Guilty, Not Guilty, or Hung Jury
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guilty, Not Guilty, or Hung Jury
 Login/Join

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
It ain't over 'til the fat guy goes to Sing Sing.

If only!

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
Guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty

Lost count Big Grin

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
so this is funny. i was in a riding lesson when my phone started pinging like crazy today, so i couldn't look (the phone was on a mounting block, recording my lesson).

it was my neighbor texting the neighborhood with a video of the Munchkins singing "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" with the tagline "Did you see the news?" ROTFLMAO

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21536 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
I was practicing while wearing musician’s earplugs when my wife came in to tell me to come watch the news.

We poured drinks and had a toast.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13883 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
Guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty guilty

Lost count Big Grin

Big Grin

When the world wearies and society ceases to satisfy, there is always the garden - Minnie Aumônier

Posts: 38203 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:

Lost count Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

ROTFLMAO

And now, the inevitable round of appeals begins.

Posts: 12757 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Should the Republicans nominate someone else?

The list of Republicans who could beat Biden is long.

But MAGA would never accept it.

Posts: 19829 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cindysphinx:
Should the Republicans nominate someone else?

The list of Republicans who could beat Biden is long.

But MAGA would never accept it.

Too bad for them. Who would you put up on the R side against Biden? and then would the Dems have to nominate someone else, too?

Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The Dems could do whatever they want--although I do think there was a moment in time where the DNC could have put forth a few different candidates and promoted/funded their campaigns.

My thought question: if there were a true open convention, who would the Dems nominate and would the sudden switcheroo away from Biden be a good thing or a bad thing? AND we know that the rank and file GOP either loathe Trump or at least recognize that he is untrustworthy and potentially unfit. Would this felony conviction give them enough of an out that they can start speaking out against him, much the same way as they've started to with MTG, Boebert and the rest of that group?

But this is all just hypothetical, because I agree the MAGA would never accept removing Trump as their nominee.

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think Joe Biden has done a terrific job so far and can’t understand why anyone would want to run a different Democratic candidate.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 35081 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
He was my dead last choice in the 2020 Dem primary, but I have changed my mind. I think he's doing an excellent job. And I love how steadfast he has been about upholding democratic priniciples.

I think the only reason for dumping him is his age. But as far as I am concerned, if he can still do the job, denying him the nomination because of his age is discrimination, and isn't a valid reason.

I am not crazy about Kamala and I wish he had a different running mate. I think if he had someone else, those who are worried about his age would be more comfortable voting for him.

Here's hoping in 2028 we have a clean slate and a new generation.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
The last I heard the Party will nominate Biden through a virtual roll call before the conversation even begins. If this report was correct and this plan not changed there's not one democratic about it. I loathe Biden's candidacy-- for so many reasons. And Kamala is just a bad joke.

Posts: 25191 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piqué:
He was my dead last choice in the 2020 Dem primary, but I have changed my mind. I think he's doing an excellent job. And I love how steadfast he has been about upholding democratic priniciples.

I think the only reason for dumping him is his age. But as far as I am concerned, if he can still do the job, denying him the nomination because of his age is discrimination, and isn't a valid reason.

I am not crazy about Kamala and I wish he had a different running mate. I think if he had someone else, those who are worried about his age would be more comfortable voting for him.

Here's hoping in 2028 we have a clean slate and a new generation.

This is pretty close to how I feel about the situation. I personally don't think poorly of Harris and it seems to me that a lot of the bad perceptions of her come from negative portrayals on social media and from the press, but I don't know that for a fact. Nevertheless, if she is a drag on the ticket, that worries me.

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15554 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Dems could do whatever they want--although I do think there was a moment in time where the DNC could have put forth a few different candidates and promoted/funded their campaigns.

My thought question: if there were a true open convention, who would the Dems nominate and would the sudden switcheroo away from Biden be a good thing or a bad thing? AND we know that the rank and file GOP either loathe Trump or at least recognize that he is untrustworthy and potentially unfit. Would this felony conviction give them enough of an out that they can start speaking out against him, much the same way as they've started to with MTG, Boebert and the rest of that group?

But this is all just hypothetical, because I agree the MAGA would never accept removing Trump as their nominee.
Completely the opposite. This conviction has strengthened the Trump campaign. It's very much a be careful what you wish for event.

Sadly there are no heroes in this story. We all lose, no matter which way it went.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13643 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
This conviction has strengthened the Trump campaign. It's very much a be careful what you wish for event.

This is my concern. Frowner

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18847 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post