well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Guilty, Not Guilty, or Hung Jury
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guilty, Not Guilty, or Hung Jury
 Login/Join

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
I don't believe he can win the election. There are ways he can steal it, legally. Heather Cox Richardson has outlined this pretty thoroughly.

If you haven't been watching the Democracy at a Crossroads podcasts, I highly recommend them. Look for the one with her as a guest.

--------------------------------
fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21538 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Not sure how you can say he "can't win the election." Yes, the polls can all be wrong, but if the election night yields anything similar to current polling, Biden is in deep trouble in all of the swing states that he needs.

Fortunately, the election isn't today. A lot can change. Dukakis was up 17 percentage points at this time in 1988.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
People in general are extremely unhappy with both what is happening here and abroad.

Here there is an increasing bifurcation of wealth and the middle class, working class, and poor are being squeezed half to death.

Abroad the US is involved in numerous unpopular (and that's an understatement) wars.

I'm sorry if Democrats and people who would tend to have been Democrats a generation ago don't want to hear it but this doesn't bode well for Biden-- at all.

Posts: 25197 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
I think his conviction has strengthened the resolve of both sides of the "die hard" camps. The question remains (as it always has been) what happens to those in the middle? These are not "undecided" voters, in my opinion. I think they are waiting to see what (else) happens.

I agree with you, Daniel - one of the biggest issues is income disparity. However, Biden has grown jobs, and I have to think that having a job is better than not having a job. The biggest thing that has hit the middle/lower class has been Trump's tax cuts and the subsequent hollowing out of the social safety net, and the anti-immigration stand which is a contributing factor to things like the increase in the price of food, even housing (because who else is going to build new houses)?

Posts: 35427 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
Everything Trump proposes widens disparities. Much of what Biden has done narrows them.

Posts: 12758 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Well, putting aside my own thoughts and feelings about both candidates, I don't think Biden will win. It could be better, worse, or make no difference if were to win. I just don't think it's going to happen. I could be wrong. There are a lot of moving pieces and a long way to election day.

Posts: 25197 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post