well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hey, I’ve joined the Covid club
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, I’ve joined the Covid club
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
A WTF mini-epidemic. Maybe I should mask when I post...

Seriously though, glad to hear you're on the mend, rontuner.

And Steve, stay on the couch for as long as you need to. I'm sure the dog is keeping you company.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37970 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShiroKuro:
quote:
I've just about fully recovered from my second bout of Covid...

Ron all in all, about how long were you sick? Was your first time last year?

quote:
Here's the thing - MrsTuner didn't get it either time, even though we were in close proximity!

Wow! That's quite lucky for her!

Steve, I'm so sorry to hear you have pneumonia, that's awful! I hope you're better soon!!

I started feeling congested last Wednesday after choir Tuesday evening. I had a tough cold last month that wasn't covid, so maybe my immune system was low? Tested before a big family party to find the news. By Monday, I was feeling decent. Cough and congestion was the limit of my symptoms, never fever.

Last time I had it was two summers ago during/after a road trip. That was more sore throat and fatigue with congestion.

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mary Anna
posted Hide Post
I hope everybody feels better soon. Take care of yourselves!

Mary Anna Evans
http://www.maryannaevans.com
MaryAnna@ermosworld.com

Posts: 15517 | Location: Florida | Registered: 22 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
Joe, I'm glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your stereo!

Steve, I'm sorry you have pneumonia. Btw, did you have a pneumonia vaccine? I might be able to get one of I pay out of pocket.

I did get the pneumonia vax but it only protects against one type of pneumonia - pneumococcal?

Apparently I have a different kind.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Yes, it started with a cold that wouldn’t go away. Typical coughing/sneezing kind of thing. When I started getting short of breath I went right to the doc to make sure it didn’t get any worse.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Well glad you were able to get to the doctor!

And Ron, glad you’re on the mend. And RP as well.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Getting to the doctor these days is super easy, even on Sunday. There are lots of little independent urgent care places around that are never crowded and everyone takes Medicare. They even have X-Ray facilities.

I’d rather be young enough that I don’t qualify for Medicare but that ship sailed long ago. Being as I have it I may as well use it.

Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
Medicare is excellent coverage for the patient. Not so much for the provider.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13564 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I think that may be why these little clinics have become so popular. They’re small and efficient enough that they can get by on Medicare patients. I didn’t even see an MD - I saw a NP. She seemed to have the skills required to take care of me and I was pleased with the whole process.

Cleveland Clinic doesn’t seem to really want walk-in trade. They don’t run everyone through the ER any more but their walk in centers tend to be understaffed and most aren’t open on weekends. They’re pushing Telemedicine which sounds better in theory than it works in practice.

czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Sorry all of you are sick! Feel better quick!

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21353 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post