well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Hey, I’ve joined the Covid club
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hey, I’ve joined the Covid club
 Login/Join

"I've got morons on my team."

Mitt Romney
Minor Deity
Picture of Piano*Dad
posted Hide Post
quote:
P*D, how did you separate? Did you go to a hotel?

In Santa Fe we have a "casita" attached to the home. That's a private guest house with its own facilities (bathroom, kitchen, living room, bedroom). I retreated to the casita and she had the main house. We met in the middle in the covered "portal" between the two where we could chat and dine outdoors. It was August so the weather was great.

In Williamsburg, we have two floors. She took the second floor and I took the downstairs. Not perfect, but sufficient, especially since when we were back in the Burg I was just over it so there wan't really anything to "catch" from her.

Posts: 12550 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Ahh, that sounds like a good set up. I’m afraid it would be hard to do that in our current house, but at least we do have a guest room if one of us should get sick.
I probably should get all the junk off the bed in there…

--------------------------------
My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
knitterati
Beatification Candidate
Picture of AdagioM
posted Hide Post
We had covid last month. I didn’t get Paxlovid (probably had Covid too many days before I actually got around to testing, and it was mild), but Mr. AM’s symptoms were more severe so we put him on Paxlovid as soon as he tested positive (2 days after symptoms started), which was like a miracle cure for him. No side effects, no rebound. Coughed for another week or two, but no more fever or chills.

We didn’t separate within the house; he had just spent a week on a cruise ship with me, and we had been in close quarters. We figured he would definitely get covid from me, no way around it.

We’re both fine now.

http://pdxknitterati.com

Posts: 9802 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 06 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Real Player,
I hope you are on the mend soon.
Hopefully WTFers will avoid more Covid and not get RSV.
Got the shots. Laying low to let the Covid shot do its work.

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25720 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Still coping with it. Fever is up and down, 99-100F. Headache. Last night the coughing and sneezing started. Thanks to extra strength Tylenol I have some decent hours during the day, but I’m not sleeping well. Hope to be on the other side of this soon.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
RP, Hope you are better now.

Posts: 25720 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Joe, I hope you're feeling better.

Posts: 24736 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Foregoing Practicing to Post
Minor Deity
Picture of RealPlayer
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I AM feeling better now! Monday was still no fun, but Tuesday I felt all better with just a small occasional cough.

Ms. RP never caught it from me, and she went and got the current vax on Tuesday.

Yesterday and today I put together some vintage stereo components a relative gave me when he downsized. I had found a TV stand at a yard sale for $10, and it seems to be fine for this.

“It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person." -- Bill Murray

Posts: 13818 | Location: The outer burrows | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I AM feeling better now!

Glad to hear this!! And that Mrs. RP didn't get it, whew!

Enjoy your stereo!

Posts: 18580 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
Hope everyone is doing well -I've just about fully recovered from my second bout of Covid...

Here's the thing - MrsTuner didn't get it either time, even though we were in close proximity!

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Daughter has Covid, I have pneumonia. Not sure which is worse. Antibiotics and steroids are working - hoping to get off of this couch by Friday.

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34978 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Hope all of you are better. Take care of yourselves.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Daniel
posted Hide Post
Joe, I'm glad you're feeling better. Enjoy your stereo!

Steve, I'm sorry you have pneumonia. Btw, did you have a pneumonia vaccine? I might be able to get one of I pay out of pocket.

Posts: 24736 | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've just about fully recovered from my second bout of Covid...

Ron all in all, about how long were you sick? Was your first time last year?

quote:
Here's the thing - MrsTuner didn't get it either time, even though we were in close proximity!

Wow! That's quite lucky for her!

Steve, I'm so sorry to hear you have pneumonia, that's awful! I hope you're better soon!!

Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
BTW Steve, how did you end up with pneumonia? Did you start out with a generic cold?