well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    Meet the new kittehs
Page 1 2 3 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Meet the new kittehs
 Login/Join

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pianojuggler:
Clark? Kent? Was he a redhead?

Clark Bar?

Clark???

My longhaired orange kitty friend, Clark.

I just like the name.

--------------------------------
We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37991 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Douglas Fur.

hysteric

ROTFLMAO

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37991 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
My cats can be pretty squirmy, but they never claw me intentionally. I think it's because I've had them since they were kittens. (The first day after I got them, when they were tiny, Rogue scratched me up pretty good when she thought I was going to kill her, but that was the last intentional time.)

Posts: 45765 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
The Chonkster will lick a few times, then bite -- not hard enough to break skin, but a friendly bite. We are trying to teach him that that's not okay. He's a little grumpy since I bopped him on the nose when he bit me. He did come back for more pets. He'd lick my fingers a couple times, then I moved my hand when I saw him open his mouth.

We'll get there.

I have been playing with their toes when we cuddle. They are getting okay with it. The next mani-pedi should be less eventful.

pj, citizen-poster, unless specifically noted otherwise.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

All types of erorrs fixed while you wait.

Posts: 30039 | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Chonkster will lick a few times, then bite -- not hard enough to break skin, but a friendly bite. We are trying to teach him that that's not okay. He's a little grumpy since I bopped him on the nose when he bit me. He did come back for more pets. He'd lick my fingers a couple times, then I moved my hand when I saw him open his mouth.

We'll get there.

I have been playing with their toes when we cuddle. They are getting okay with it. The next mani-pedi should be less eventful.

Loki is a weird cat. If I yell at him to stop doing something, he'll jump away like he was hit with an electric shock, then come straight over to me to check whether I'm mad at him.

Posts: 45765 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Cocoa does know the word "no". I'm guessing that's because she's heard it a lot.

The Chonk, not so much. Mrs pj and DD were starting to make banana bread last night and he jumped up on the kitchen counter. DD said "no!" about ten times and I think she finally just pushed him off the counter.

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Serial origamist
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of pianojuggler
posted Hide Post
Okay, cat peeps, I need some help.

The Chonk is now going straight for biting when he gets pets. Still, not hard, but biting. This morning I gently held his mouth shut when he tried to bite. He totally did not like that.

I'm guessing he's not saying he doesn't want pets, though it's hard to tell.

Any suggestions for teaching him that biting--even friendly biting--is not okay?

mod-in-training.

pj@ermosworld∙com

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
Later...

The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
We've had four different cats over the last 40 years. Not one was a biter so it wasn't a problem I had to deal with at home.

When I used to cat sit for friends I did run across a few biters. There was one that was just mean, but with the rest of them it seemed that the trigger was when they felt vulnerable, either when they laid down on their side, or more commonly when they flopped on their back. Pet 'em when they're vertical, no problem. Otherwise you're putting your life into their paws.

I wonder if Chonk is just not feeling quite at home yet and he's just a little defensive?

Like I said, not a lot of experience here....

Bazootiehead-in-training