well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Debates?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Debates?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of LL
posted Hide Post
I liked Biden in the past. That may have changed tonight.

Harris continues to impress me.

I liked that many of them talked about saving the earth. Wake up people. We are in trouble.

And I think it is time that WE should take care of our health for all. Stop the profit insurance co. And pharmaceutical co.

Turn in those weapons. I didn't say guns, I said weapons, but buy back? Nope. Interesting put about stopping the co who make them instead of just going after NRA.

--------------------------------
The earth laughs in flowers

Posts: 16320 | Location: north of boston | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
Imissed both debates, but I love this thread.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
czarina
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of piqué
posted Hide Post
Just watched the second debate. The only candidate who impressed me is Buttigieg. Honest, thoughtful, intelligent, no b.s.

I can't imagine how Biden ever got this far. His arrogance is exceeded only by his incoherence.

Kamala Harris would make a great prosecutor.

I am pissed that that self help author is on stage instead of Steve Bullock.

Bernie was very disappointing. He didn't give a straight answer even once. Here's a very revealing segment about him from the Daily Show. Unreal!

https://www.facebook.com/79762...s/10157518937026800/

fear is the thief of dreams

Posts: 21352 | Registered: 18 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am pissed that that self help author is on stage instead of Steve Bullock.

Agreed. Also agree about Biden's incoherence. He really doesn't speak well at all. I'm not talking about oratory, I'm talking about the ability to string words together to make the point he's trying to make.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Mikhailoh
posted Hide Post
He looked very old and scripted.

"A mob is a place where people go to get away from their conscience" Atticus Finch

Posts: 13562 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
I imagine the Biden camp is having a deathly serious post-mortem this morning, to see what they did wrong and how they can fix it before his candidacy drops off a cliff.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Does This Avatar Make My Butt Look Big?

Minor Deity
Picture of Cindysphinx
posted Hide Post
He ran for president twice and wasn't good. Why would he improve with advanced age.

Didn't know he was a public defender. I can see the Willy Horton ads coming.

I think we'll have to go with Harris. Who should her VP be? Probably Bennett or Bullock. I see Delaney also doing well in a debate with pence.

Posts: 19764 | Location: A cluttered house in Metro D.C. | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Amanda
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the environment is the biggest issue ultimately (always imagining posterity - for as long as there is one - cursing us at the same time they are incredulous).

But let's face it, if HWMNBN rolled back as many of Obama's protections (as he's had time for) and his base didn't blink, what good is that as a platform? (Good G-d! What IS with them? Are there that many eschatological End-of-Days Christians?).

I repeat with infinite sorrow, that I also can't see HIS back-to-the-50s Base, supporting a publicly affectionate gay man even if he DOES come close to the Second Coming in every other way. (That is, as Quirt says, provided he knows to hire the best advisors and follow their advice).

What's more, apart from the honest differences, there's what we can look forward to in dirty tricks from the Repubs - including exploitation of the gerrymandering. That Ol' Electoral College!

Reconsidering Oprah. Winning is the thing, right? You all are talking about ideas, when all that really matters is coming up with a sane, non-egomanical candidate who doesn't turn off too much of the flakes and greedyguts on the other side. One without feet of clay.

The Divide grows ever wider and except for the Blue Collar class who've seen how HE ripped them off, I don't know who we've really gained. Oh, yeah, and maybe new voters. I fear (d'uh!) we have to play dirty ourselves or end up at the very least with a President Pence.

(Did you notice how he's taken pains to remain kind of a Blank Slate - relatively speaking? That's by lying his way to top dog status by appealing to the disenchanted Right wingers who've been silently put off by Bully Boy's *****-grabbing, adulterous ways. Pence DOES come across as sporting a halo, especially by comparison, but to me on the other side, I don't see him in anything but style as an improvement on HIM. Maybe worse, owing to greater efficiency and the possibility his religion wouldn't mind an End of the World scenario.

No legal fights for corruption pending against Pence and family, much less impeachability.

Pretty dismal.

The most dangerous word in the language is "obvious"

Posts: 14392 | Location: PA | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The Donald's base are a lost cause. Nothing will cause them to vote Democratic. What's up for grabs are the moderates who held their nose and voted for Trump, and in particular GOP moderate women, who've voted more D in the 2018 midterms.

Posts: 35383 | Location: West: North and South! | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of QuirtEvans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nina:
The Donald's base are a lost cause. Nothing will cause them to vote Democratic. What's up for grabs are the moderates who held their nose and voted for Trump, and in particular GOP moderate women, who've voted more D in the 2018 midterms.

The question is whether it will matter.

Absent a majority in the Senate, can you imagine a future in which a Democratic President can't get a single judge confirmed for four straight years? Can't pass a single law? Can't do a single thing that isn't overruled by the new Republican courts?

I can.

Posts: 45754 | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QuirtEvans:
I imagine the Biden camp is having a deathly serious post-mortem this morning, to see what they did wrong and how they can fix it before his candidacy drops off a cliff.

Are they ever...

Bide loses 10 points among dem voters, mostly to harris https://thehill.com/homenews/c...bate-poll?amprris....

https://projects.fivethirtyeig...ocratic-debate-poll/

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Pinta & the Santa Maria
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Nina
posted Hide Post
The jump in unfavorability for the bottom rung of the 2nd debate (scrolling down the page) is pretty striking.

(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
quote:
HWMNBN

ROTFLMAO

It took me a minute, but now that I've figured it out, I think I'll start referring to him this way at all times.

For those of you who are not Harry Potter fans, HWMNBN is "he who must not be named."

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18567 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
"
Christopher Cadelago

@ccadelago
.@cenkuygur with a debate-worthy one-liner to sum up Biden’s night: “No wonder he was against busing. Cause Kamala Harris just threw him under one.”

12:08 AM - Jun 28, 2019 "

More tweets and pictures from the debates

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of CHAS
posted Hide Post
Did Marianne Williamson tire of New Age religion and the Illuminati and decide to take over the country?

Several people have eaten my cooking and survived.

Posts: 25713 | Location: Still living at 9000 feet in the High Rockies of Colorado | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post