well-temperedforum.groupee.net    The Well-Tempered Forum  Hop To Forum Categories  Off Key    The Debates?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Moderators: QuirtEvans, pianojuggler, wtg
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Debates?
 Login/Join

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Gillibrand sounds desperate.

Williamson is not the embarrassment I thought she'd be, but she's not any where near qualified.

Biden is the last generation. He and Sanders are out of place.

--------------------------------
http://www.twistandvibrations.blogspot.com/

Posts: 10575 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
(self-titled) semi-posting lurker
Minor Deity
Picture of ShiroKuro
posted Hide Post
Im just so distressed by the sheer numbers. I don’t see how we can get to a reasonable number to pick a candidate who can really get out the vote and get Trump out.

I feel terror I think about 2020.

My piano recordings at Box.Net: https://app.box.com/s/j4rgyhn72uvluemg1m6u

Posts: 18567 | Location: not in Japan any more | Registered: 20 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I turned it back on. I may regret this.

Hickenlooper is out of his league. Who the hell is Williamson? Gillibrand sounds pretty good but seems out of control. Mayor Pete sounds good but starts from a place to of great weakness. OK, Biden knows how this stuff works. I may change my mind about him because the rest of them sound Like kooks.

Bernie can’t stay focused. Swalwell? Who the hell is Swallwell?

Life is short. Play with your dog.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
Don't despair. The Dems aren't in much worse shape than the GOP was in 2016 when they had 16 candidates. Hillary was a shoo-in.

Anything can happen.

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
I want to like Kamala. She’s not impressing me so far.

Posts: 34975 | Location: Hooterville, OH | Registered: 23 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:
Don't despair. The Dems aren't in much worse shape than the GOP was in 2016 when they had 16 candidates. Hillary was a shoo-in.

Anything can happen.

Interesting that Zimmer just told me the same thing. We have 18 months.

Beatification Candidate
Picture of rontuner
posted Hide Post
(from last night) Healthcare: Pretty much everyone likes their healthcare... until they get sick enough that it doesn't cover the costs of treatment.

THAT was the point I didn't hear clearly articulated last night, but was danced around by those wanting to go to a Medicare for all type transition. There was one little blip where I think Warren tried to explain about bankruptcies - that it isn't just a problem with those without insurance, but those with insurance too.

Missing tonight...

Visit me on the Web!
www.ronkoval.com

Posts: 7557 | Location: chicagoland | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
My gawd, Kamala is blowing this out of the water. She's so focused, secure, and I'm amazed at how quickly she can be spontaneous and precise. I love it.

Kamala/Buttigieg is my dream ticket.

Posts: 10575 | Location: North Groton, NH | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of wtg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Miller:
quote:
Originally posted by wtg:

Anything can happen.

Interesting that Zimmer just told me the same thing. We have 18 months.

I'm Zimmer's sock.

Big Grin

Please tell him I said "hi"!

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love… and then we return home. - Australian Aboriginal proverb

Bazootiehead-in-training

Posts: 37960 | Location: Somewhere in the middle | Registered: 19 January 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
What's nice is people seem to listen to Pete. I think there's a reason for that.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
Harris is chewing up Biden and spitting him out!

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Harris just kicked Biden’s ass. It’s way too
easy to do and Biden needs to go away.

Minor Deity
Picture of Bernard
posted Hide Post
I like the way Buttigieg answered about the tragic events in his city right now. Truth--it's always the best way to go.

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Does Bernie sound more sane on the East Coast than he does out here?

Has Achieved Nirvana
Picture of Steve Miller
posted Hide Post
Who the hell is Mitchell Bennet?